Please help - Central heating boiler flashing a red light and cold

My central heating boiler (a Excell 80E) has broken. There is a red light flashing and my house is very very cold.

Any ideas?

My combi boiler does that occasionally.

Not sure why but I can usually sort it by turning the lights off, pressing the reset button then holding the pilot light button then jabbing the timer controls at random.

The Vokera Excell 80E is a combi boiler and will show a fault if the system pressure has dropped.

Look for the pressure guage if it's below 1 bar then it needs stopping up via the filling loop to around 1.5 bar.

Hope that helps.

mine does it too. again i just try and re-set it. if it won't re-set check the water pressure is high enough on it.

mine does it a lot too - it's always a pressure drop for me

i just have to turn a couple of taps under the boiler - open the right tap fully then gradually open the left one until the pressure goes back up to about 1.5, then reset, then go and warm my cockles on the radiator after freezing my bits off

Guest Pauly
mine does it a lot too - it's always a pressure drop for me

i just have to turn a couple of taps under the boiler - open the right tap fully then gradually open the left one until the pressure goes back up to about 1.5, then reset, then go and warm my cockles on the radiator after freezing my bits off

But don't forget to turn them off after otherwise you'll have leaks all over the house. :suspect:

Nope, water pressure is fine. I think its not lighting, you can hear the poor thing trying to light.

Im sooooooo cold, pleasee heeeelppp meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Guest Pauly

You're not on a card gas meter are you? If so chances are you might've run out of gas. Check the simple things first. :thumbsup:

Sadly no, its just a very poorly bunnyrabbit boiler.

Oh my God, Ive got Glenn Close in my kitchen :suspect::rant:

Guest Pauly

Can it you see it sparking and trying to light inside, or can you hear it sparking? It's like a constant tinny clicking sound when you run your hot water.

OOOO

Had lovely plumber chap round and its nothing to do with the boiler its because there is not enough current or voltage or something going into the boiler to make it light.

And this is because of an electric fault that there was in our street.