Rowan Kidsilk Spray vs Colinette Parisienne

Compare and contrast.

The Colinette Parisienne has a gorgeous array of shades, eclipsing the Kidsilk Spray collection. However, the Parisienne is 30% (ish) polyamide with the kid mohair, vs the 30% silk in the Kidsilk Spray.

Has anyone had chance to fondle the Colinette yarn to see how it compares to the Rowan? They're similar in terms of yardage.

I haven't felt either of them but I can tell just looking at them that I would go for the Kidsilk Spray.....plus the silk tempts me!

I've used both Kidsilk Haze and Kidsilk Spray (the Spray is just the Haze but slightly variegated), and to be honest, you can't really tell that it's 30% silk. It feels softish, but I think the slightly prickly nature of the kid mohair cancels the silkiness out to a certain extent. Or maybe I've just got overly-sensitive skin :lol: .

They feel about the same - I've knitted with both. It just depends on which colours will work best with your pattern -something that shows off your stitches like butterfly will look better in a plain yarn, but for an edging, or a fairly plain stitches I'd use the Parisienne for a bit of extra interest. :thumbsup:

I think the Parisienne would look rather nice for the Mrs Beetons. They have a frill of Kidsilk Spray, then the cuff is knit using the DK and Kidsilk held together. The latter gives a subtle fluffiness and slight variegated effect, which would be enhanced by using the Parisienne.

I think the Colinette is a great deal softer - I can't wear Kid Silk Haze, as I find it too scratchy, but have no problems with Parisienne.