Parcelforce! Bad service.

Has anybody else had bad experiences with them? i've had no end of hassle from them so far, they were supposed to bring the parcel yesterday. 2 fone calls to them confirmed this..... guess what, they didn't come!! i rang them earlier and asked where they were, only to be told that they tried to deliver it...... the guy seemed flustered when i explained that i had been in all day, with the TV on quietly and looking out of the window regulaly to check if they were here. i also advised that there had been no "sorry but we missed you" card posted through!

i am now awaiting a call from a supervisor... which i doubt i will get! looks like i'm goin to have to go to watchdog on this one.

I had the problem that they were holding a package for me at a depo and I needed to call them to arrange to have it dropped off at the local post office. It took more than thrity attempts to have someone at their end actually pick the phone up.

It's all symptomatic of the standards you can expect in the UK today, I'm afraid.

Having said that, I've had no real problems with ParcelForce _ they do have collection points in the city and will take the packet to a Post Office if it is more convenient. They will also hold the package for quite a while.

With City Link, for example, you only have five days to collect from a depot in the middle of nowhere on the way to Rotherham. Bad enough if you've got a car, a nightmare if you haven't.

I had the problem that they were holding a package for me at a depo and I needed to call them to arrange to have it dropped off at the local post office. It took more than thrity attempts to have someone at their end actually pick the phone up.

I have had this problem too.

I believe it's finally arrived at the PO. They said the label had fallen off the package as it was 'shiny'.

However, I could hear the conversations in the background.

They had forgotten about it.:rant:

Edit: Also with most delivery companies, if you don't get to the door within 10 seconds, they b***** off. Leaving you with a note and a journey for miles to some industrial estate in the middle of nowhere.

I've been waiting almost 3 weeks for a phone from o2, I wonder if it's Parcel Force who are supposed to be delivering it? :suspect:

There was an ongoing debate on the Private Eye letters page ages ago about whether the kids' game was correctly called Tommy Knocking/Knock Down Ginger/Whatever.

The final letter was from someone who said "As far as I am aware, the correct name for the ancient pastime of knocking on doors and running away is 'Parcelforce'..."

"As far as I am aware, the correct name for the ancient pastime of knocking on doors and running away is 'Parcelforce'..."

Spot on and only too true in my experience. I wonder who supplies their running spikes?

Has anybody else had bad experiences with them? i've had no end of hassle from them so far, they were supposed to bring the parcel yesterday. 2 fone calls to them confirmed this..... guess what, they didn't come!! i rang them earlier and asked where they were, only to be told that they tried to deliver it...... the guy seemed flustered when i explained that i had been in all day, with the TV on quietly and looking out of the window regulaly to check if they were here. i also advised that there had been no "sorry but we missed you" card posted through!

i am now awaiting a call from a supervisor... which i doubt i will get! looks like i'm goin to have to go to watchdog on this one.

This is good, now we can get onto my speciality, delivering.:thumbsup: My business is involved with a lot of deliveries and 9 times out of 10 when there is a complaint it is because the customer hasn't been in or has given incorrect directions. A lot of customers don't collect things from us because of the traffic but then complain when we can't give exact times also due to traffic.

If we are late or there is a problem the drivers always ring the customer, one problem there for example is that if the customer doesn't answer the phone we have to assume they are out or risk a wasted journey but sometimes they aren't and then we get it in the neck. We get it in the neck if we leave stuff outside, we get it in the neck if we don't.

I used to also have a parcel delivery business which operated round the clock and was a nightmare to run. This was mainly due to impossible expectations from customers for too low a price. When you consider that a tradesman will charge £50+ just to cross your doorstep, a parcel company has to do a lot of work to balance the books on items that pay only a few pounds, so they cut corners.

It's like being a copper, you can't win. :P

They delivered something of mine to a random address despite it being addressed correctly. Had to wait 3 days for them to pick it ip and redeliver. Their online tracking service even showed the signature of the bloke that had signed for it at the wrong address.

well, my experence of deliverary companies has been really good on the whole, i have had the occasional probelm with couriers, but nothing that couldent be fixed.

and if you want a good service, use DHL. they got my pc from my house at 1600 on the monday, and by 0700 the next morning it was in County Westmeath Ireland!! and there was i similar service to return it.

no.....i dont work for DHL, but i do use them when ever i can!

i missed a parcel been delivered, i rang and arranged for it to go to the post office the next day, they tried to deliver it to my home again instead. Rang up again for it to go to post office the next day, it never went, called them up again to be told they had forgot to send it out. Then told they don't deliver Saturdays only at an extra charge of something silly like £12.50,so ended up having it delivered on the Monday to my work. Really bad customer service.