Has anyone heard of Wescot Credit Services

Had a Notice of Debt Collection this morning through the post from this company saying I owed £1742.60 to Lombard Finance. I have never had any dealings with Lombard so I rang Wescot to ask where and when this outstanding balance came from. They told me they had no documentation but if I paid them £1000 they would write the rest off.

After seaching I found a forum about this company and how they send letters to people with bogus debts.

Has anyone else had any problems with this company?:help:

They are actually a legitimate company, I had dealings with them some years ago, but they do send out letters in different names too so if they say they are passing it on and you get a letter from somewhere else, it is likely to still be from them :rolleyes:

Other people could however be using the companies name to con people!

But I know I don't owe them anything.

Some one could be using there name like i said, they aren't very well organised to be honest. If they can't show you any paper work, forget it. If they contact you again contact the above places suggested

Going to CAB tomorrow and see what they suggest.

Maybe someone has stolen your identity and racked up a debt in your name, though you should have had other letters about it before now.

They told me they had no documentation but if I paid them £1000 they would write the rest off.:

Not your problem them, you can't be expected to pay a debt without any relevant documentation.

Make sure you took a note of the person name you spoke to and then ask them to take you to court (as long as you are 100% sure you don't have a debt with them).

I did the same thing with Scottish Power after 12 months of pestering phone calls, they ended up paying for the court case and compensation to myself for loss of earnings for attending court, telephone calls and distress.

Blinking fools!

They have been chasing my partner for months and some how got hold of my mobile number and started harassing me. Broke the consumer credit act and the data protection act in one go.

But I know I don't owe them anything.

Unless they can produce documentation to show that you owe the debt, a signed agreement for instance, tell them to forth and multiply. :thumbsup: