Sheffield Wednesday v Chelsea 27/02/91

Meant to post this yesterday but it was the 26yrs ago when we played Chelsea in the 2nd leg of the (then) Rumbelows Cup, one of THE best under the lights atmospheres at S6 ever, A 0-2 scoreline from the first leg and the nerves were eased by Danny Wilsons superb first half volley, 3-0 on aggregate at that point and the party atmosphere started and didn't let up, an unforgettable night and a place in the League Cup final secured.

Great stuff.

Meant to post this yesterday but it was the 26yrs ago when we played Chelsea in the 2nd leg of the (then) Rumbelows Cup, one of THE best under the lights atmospheres at S6 ever, A 0-2 scoreline from the first leg and the nerves were eased by Danny Wilsons superb first half volley, 3-0 on aggregate at that point and the party atmosphere started and didn't let up, an unforgettable night and a place in the League Cup final secured.

Great stuff.

Great stuff indeed. I backed Danny for first goal scorer at 12/1. A great feeling to win a cup semi, if you're old enough and an owl you've known it four times. :)

Great stuff indeed. I backed Danny for first goal scorer at 12/1. A great feeling to win a cup semi, if you're old enough and an owl you've known it four times. :)

Too true Jim, I have always said it,s harder to lose in the semi than the final. At least losing the final you have experienced the day, losing the semi it,s so near yet so far.

Great stuff.

I was at Stamford Bridge for the 1st leg and that was fantastic to come away with a two goal advantage and despite the weather being shocking for the 2nd leg at Hillsborough,it added to the atmosphere and what a great night ...

If only Atkinson had stopped at Wednesday,who knows what that squad could have achieved...#Judas..:hihi:

I was at Stamford Bridge for the 1st leg and that was fantastic to come away with a two goal advantage and despite the weather being shocking for the 2nd leg at Hillsborough,it added to the atmosphere and what a great night ...

If only Atkinson had stopped at Wednesday,who knows what that squad could have achieved...#Judas..:hihi:

I always think they could have won the League the next season had he stayed. :|

Without a doubt, in the next season or two, we would have won the League.

Imagine that eh, Sheffield Wednesday 'Premier League' Champions?

What a manager!

I always think they could have won the League the next season had he stayed. :|

He said it himself.

Great stuff.

I think people are getting there wires crossed. Nigel Pearson got the first goal in the Hillsborough tie, Wilson got the 2nd and Williams the 3rd.

He said it himself.

I think Ron went to Aston Villa, (his first club as a youth player) and look at them now !

I think people are getting there wires crossed. Nigel Pearson got the first goal in the Hillsborough tie, Wilson got the 2nd and Williams the 3rd.

Yes sorry mate it was Pearson, the memories not what it used to be, I think the Wilson goal was the one that sealed it for many people and made the atmosphere electric.

Oops, it must have been another match then where I backed Danny Wilson for first scorer. The memory's not what it was but I remember collecting my winnings at a Ladbrokes in Manchester.