Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Elmwood Farm - new pub due to open at Beighton

Home > Sheffield > Going out in Sheffield

Reply To Topic

16-05-2013, 12:41   #1
sedith

Total Posts: 2,951
Seems like work is progressing at a rapid rate at the new Elmwood Farm pub on the A57 at Beighton, well its not actually in Beighton, its in Rotherham, just after the Welcome To Rotherham sign. They are now ready to put the roof on, and look on the projected target of an August opening to me.
Seem to be a lot of employment opportunities on offer, see link below ...
http://www.caterer.com/JobSeeking/Ch...er_job56365654
Hope it doesn't go the same way as the Wetherby, two minutes away and now abandoned with the steel shutters up.
'Family Friendly' its says ... oh dear ... not another Lock Keeper, but I suppose you can't pre judge it before you've have paid a visit?
_______
The Devil made me do it!
16-05-2013, 12:46   #2
katy1981

Total Posts: 4,033
yeh August opening, i went for a job interveiw with them last week and it all sounded like its going to be a great place. Some delicious food to come aswell, the menus looked yummy!
_______
(insert witty comment here.)
16-05-2013, 12:55   #3
sedith

Quote:
Originally Posted by katy1981 View Post
yeh August opening, i went for a job interveiw with them last week and it all sounded like its going to be a great place. Some delicious food to come aswell, the menus looked yummy!
Hope it works out for them, just got to keep the scoats out from day one, there seems to have been a big clear out of them at the Gypsy Queen, just hope they don't make their way up to the Elmwood Farm ... there are plenty of low lifes around there shown as a testimonial to the Wetherby.
_______
The Devil made me do it!

Last edited by sedith; 16-05-2013 at 12:56. Reason: wrong tense
16-05-2013, 18:30   #4
allwednesday

Total Posts: 665
Elmwood farm wonder why they will call it that ? It's very close to the old Beighton and Brookhouse pits.
_______
Praise or grumble
16-05-2013, 20:35   #5
scargill

Total Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by allwednesday View Post
Elmwood farm wonder why they will call it that ? It's very close to the old Beighton and Brookhouse pits.
Maybe they should have just called it 'The Pits'
16-05-2013, 22:57   #6
top4718

Total Posts: 4,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by scargill View Post
They should indeed as it will be another branded chain pub selling overpriced beer and bland food, avoid.
17-05-2013, 06:40   #7
Waypher

Total Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by scargill View Post
Very good ....especially with your user name.
Sponsored Links
17-05-2013, 12:10   #8
allwednesday

Total Posts: 665
Just talking to an old miner in Beighton , he tells me there was a farm very near to the pub , it's where they kept all the pit ponies, however he can't remember the name of the farm but this might be why they are calling it that ?
_______
Praise or grumble
17-05-2013, 12:17   #9
graystreet

Total Posts: 71
Think the owners are Vintage Inns, so set up and menus will be same as Mossbrook at Eckington
17-05-2013, 12:32   #10
top4718

Total Posts: 4,493
I dont think it is a Vintage Inn pub, I think its the same pubco as own the Monksbridge Farm at Dinnington, all there branded pubs have Farm at the end of the name, location is irellevant. Monksbridge Farm serves poor quality food aimed at chav families.
17-05-2013, 13:22   #11
Alien52

Total Posts: 3,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedith View Post
Seems like work is progressing at a rapid rate at the new Elmwood Farm pub on the A57 at Beighton, well its not actually in Beighton, its in Rotherham, just after the Welcome To Rotherham sign. They are now ready to put the roof on, and look on the projected target of an August opening to me.
Seem to be a lot of employment opportunities on offer, see link below ...
http://www.caterer.com/JobSeeking/Ch...er_job56365654
Hope it doesn't go the same way as the Wetherby, two minutes away and now abandoned with the steel shutters up.
'Family Friendly' its says ... oh dear ... not another Lock Keeper, but I suppose you can't pre judge it before you've have paid a visit?
It is now the HQ of a company called Airmaster.
_______
UKIP if you want to,the rest of us are far too bright.
17-05-2013, 21:18   #12
monzaman

Total Posts: 1,421
Am i the only one who wonders why they are building a pub that sells alcohol on a site that is best visited by car,as it's on the edge of industrial units and the a57 with no houses in the immediate vicinity.It seems like the perfect place for the police to lay a trap and breathalise people as they leave the pub.I know it's mainly a glorified cafe/restaurant but it must still need to achieve a level of alcohol sales to satisfy the owners,so am i naive in thinking every driver who visits will not drink?
Wouldn't it have been better to develop the Wetherby site,what do others think?
_______
189,000, Rosie 47.
Blades top dogs in city 11 times in rosies life time
I was born on the manor where you had 2 choices as a kid 1) be a blade or 2) support sheff united !!!!!!
17-05-2013, 21:23   #13
Joshua Rose

Total Posts: 21
I can't wait to be able to visit at the end of the summer, sit outside in the beer garden with a nice cool beer and lazily watching the kids playing contently in the play area under the lovely majestic.....

PYLON'S
17-05-2013, 21:30   #14
monzaman

Total Posts: 1,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Rose View Post
I can't wait to be able to visit at the end of the summer, sit outside in the beer garden with a nice cool beer and lazily watching the kids playing contently in the play area under the lovely majestic.....

PYLON'S
Don't forgot the quaint little choo choo trains passing by and the lovely little country lane otherwise known as the A57 on your doorstep and if the winds in the right direction you may be lucky enough to breath in the perfumed aroma waffting down the valley from woodhouse mills treatment plant,WHAT more do you want!
_______
189,000, Rosie 47.
Blades top dogs in city 11 times in rosies life time
I was born on the manor where you had 2 choices as a kid 1) be a blade or 2) support sheff united !!!!!!
17-05-2013, 21:52   #15
sedith

Quote:
Originally Posted by top4718 View Post
I dont think it is a Vintage Inn pub, I think its the same pubco as own the Monksbridge Farm at Dinnington, all there branded pubs have Farm at the end of the name, location is irellevant. Monksbridge Farm serves poor quality food aimed at chav families.
I think you may be right, even the Elmwood logo is the same as the Monks Bridge one. It is Greene King behind it, the Hungry Horse people, aiming as you say, at the bottom end of the market. 'Children Distraction' areas, oh dear!!!

---------- Post added 20-05-2013 at 12:35 ----------

The Elmwood Farm's policy on children ... is this a pub or a creche? 'Ingegrated Disctraction Areas' ... OMG!!!

Childrens' Activities
In keeping with our value promise, there's no entry fee for your kids in our integrated distraction areas.
It is an exciting place for children to explore, featuring a wide range of play equipment: from traditional toys to cutting-edge games consoles and touch-screen learning technology.
There is also a selection of popular childrens' books.
The childrens' distraction area is a part of the restaurant where you may notice frequent changes. We appreciate that kids want new experiences and activities and we hope to be able to provide them with that stimulation.
Rest assured that our games and activities are carefully selected with suitability and safety a priority.
_______
The Devil made me do it!
23-05-2013, 10:16   #16
Jennywren123

Total Posts: 1
Great, its not even got any windows in yet and everyone seems to have closed it already. We've been to one of these farmhouse inns near Doncaster and the one at Dinnington and the food and staff were excellent. Their desserts are to die for. Brilliant for familys. As regards drinking and driving as someone has mentioned - its a FAMILY pub shouldn't be drinking if the kids are with you....
12-06-2013, 11:01   #17
sedith

Any information on when the Elmwood Farm pub opens its doors to the public?
_______
The Devil made me do it!
14-06-2013, 19:43   #18
aj71

Total Posts: 32
Nobody is forcing anyone to visit this pub! So they won't have to worry about the pylons or trains!
I live quite close by and are looking forward to having a pub nearby again!
14-06-2013, 20:24   #19
Alien52

Total Posts: 3,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywren123 View Post
Great, its not even got any windows in yet and everyone seems to have closed it already. We've been to one of these farmhouse inns near Doncaster and the one at Dinnington and the food and staff were excellent. Their desserts are to die for. Brilliant for familys. As regards drinking and driving as someone has mentioned - its a FAMILY pub shouldn't be drinking if the kids are with you....
I thought that alcohol and pubs sort of went together.
_______
UKIP if you want to,the rest of us are far too bright.
14-06-2013, 22:51   #20
Parapou

Total Posts: 305
Isn't Elmwood one of Aldi's 'own brands'?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android
Reply To Topic