Sore throat remedies/cures

I have a raging sore throat. ive never had a sore throat as bad as this..

Its only on one side and hurts from my back teeth right into my throat. Even my hair hurts on the same side!

Ive gargled asprin and it eased it a little but, now an hour later its hurting again...and i cant take anything else so soon after the asprin..

Any remedies guys please??

Wait another 2 hours then take ibuprofen at 4 hourly intervals, alternating with paracetamol every 4 hours (so you are taking one or the other every 2 hours). Leave off the aspirin.

Honey and lemon drinks can help, as can cold squash and ice cream is great (anaesthetises the throat!)_.

Then go to your GP in the morning. Sounds like tonsilitis.

Edited by aliceBB

Everything Alice says really.I`ve also heard gargling with salt may help to sooth-don`t swallow ;) Paracetamol every time for me for the pain.

When I feel a sore throat coming on I gargle an anti sceptic mouth wash like corsadil (could be spelt wrong) that usually helps.mine

single malt :D fantastic disinfectant

The most effective remedy for a sore throat that I've ever found involves baby ibuprofen syrup, which you squirt with the little syringe all over the sore bits and keep there for as long as you can manage before swallowing. Repeat a few times with small doses, which should buy you a couple of hours of pain relief, with the advantage being that you're taking such a small dose of ibuprofen that you can repeat as many times as you need it.

This was discovered by my sister when she had a septic tonsil which was causing her agony during the night when no local pharmacies were open, so she did some experimenting with what she already had in the cupboard. Apparently a dose of ibuprofen intended for a 6 month old baby used like this is more effective than tramadol (can't test that one myself because I can't take tramadol!).

Liquid Glycerin.

Hi daybreak. Visit doctor as it could be septic throat or tonsilitus as a

Ready suggested. Gargle with soluble paracetamol.,

One or two drops of tea tree oil stirred well into glass of water and then gargle for 5 mins. Repeat once a day

I have a raging sore throat. ive never had a sore throat as bad as this..

Its only on one side and hurts from my back teeth right into my throat. Even my hair hurts on the same side!

Ive gargled asprin and it eased it a little but, now an hour later its hurting again...and i cant take anything else so soon after the asprin..

Any remedies guys please??

Go to see your doctor. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Quinsy/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I had Strep throat a couple of years ago which cleared up after a course of antibiotics, my doctor told me about Quinsy which I'd not heard of before.

Wait another 2 hours then take ibuprofen at 4 hourly intervals, alternating with paracetamol every 4 hours (so you are taking one or the other every 2 hours). Leave off the aspirin.

Honey and lemon drinks can help, as can cold squash and ice cream is great (anaesthetises the throat!)_.

Then go to your GP in the morning. Sounds like tonsilitis.

Be very careful to limit paracetamol to 8 tablets in 24 hour rolling period (not in a "day")

Be very careful to limit paracetamol to 8 tablets in 24 hour rolling period (not in a "day")

I agree. I was assuming OP just wanted something to see them through the night, until they could get to the doctor's.