Unicom-near walkabout

Anyone know what they are like to work for (carver house)? Thanks

Edited by charlie_boy

unicom are bandits beware

Absolutely.

If you work for these people, be prepared to be called scum every day of your working life until you leave.

Oops, I read the thread title as unicoRn.

Haha

These guys call my business constantly. It's got to a point when I just play along and agree to an appointment and tell them the only time I'm free is 6.30am on a Sunday.

I don't mind cold callers but these guys mustn't have an accurate database to let them know when they have called a prospect hence too many calls. If your listening Unicom....I'd say you call too much.

Haha

These guys call my business constantly. It's got to a point when I just play along and agree to an appointment and tell them the only time I'm free is 6.30am on a Sunday.

I don't mind cold callers but these guys mustn't have an accurate database to let them know when they have called a prospect hence too many calls. If your listening Unicom....I'd say you call too much.

Unfortunately that doesnt effect any sales company, all that does is effect the poor person trying to earn a basic living doing a crappy job on basic wage. It gives them false hope of getting a bit of commission. :/ they cant help the data their given.

Don't know what that company is like to work for (other than they seem to ring me, a lot, despite being told not to) but me-too comms/utilities companies are operating in a very tight margin, high competition market. So if you're looking at a sales role expect to have to call a hell of a lot of businesses to get a sale that won't make you much money. Comms stopped being easy money well over a decade ago.

oh they call me at work all the time to, totally had enough of it. I didn't know they were in Sheffield I might have to drop in sometime to discuss there phone list. If you took a job there I'm sure we'd be speaking soon.

Unfortunately that doesnt effect any sales company, all that does is effect the poor person trying to earn a basic living doing a crappy job on basic wage. It gives them false hope of getting a bit of commission. :/ they cant help the data their given.

Unfortunately it also doesn't help my staff who in times of busy periods rush sales calls through to answer calls waiting from the likes of these. I actually deal with another telecoms firm who don't resort to constant cold calling who get by through word of mouth due to good service and by good advertising....not by badgering Sheffield businesses. Shame it effects the worker hoping for commission though...I agree, but in the grand scheme of things I don't know what else to do to deter their calls...and yes we are on the telephone preference list...and no we've not reported them to a watchdog.

Scum of the earth. Beware! They have a rolling contract in the small print and then when you cancel your contract with them they try charging you over 500 quid for cancellation fees etc.

Do a search of the web - you will find 1,000s of similar responses. More fool you for working for them...

Scum of the earth. Beware! They have a rolling contract in the small print and then when you cancel your contract with them they try charging you over 500 quid for cancellation fees etc.

Do a search of the web - you will find 1,000s of similar responses. More fool you for working for them...

"More fool me?!"....... Excuse me but first of all im an older person, this job is for my nephew im asking for. These days a job is a job! Beggers cant be choosers and i would rather he have a job than sit on his backside. Hes still at college and still applying for more suitable jobs but thinks he will take this for now as jobs are few at the moment. So no, not more fool anyone for trying to work!

Edited by charlie_boy