People who pretend to be sick for attention

Right.

I have just spent the evening with a group of friends out on the town.

(To cut a long story short) Two of them are a couple and the girl could not cope with seeing her fella having a really good, normal time with all of us and decided to 'pass out'.

She then play-acted coming round and then acted all vulnerable and upset and had everybody fawn over her like a new born lamb. Then she demanded to be taken home by said boyfriend wo needless to say was no longer having a good time (mission accomplished).

Made me think... I've seen this before.

Has anyone else come across someone who pretends to be sick for attention?

Perhaps you are you someone who has done something similar?

What's it all about?

(Maybe most people haven't come across this phenomina... maybe I just keep bad company?)

P.S

Earlier tonight I promised myself that I would not do this rant on the old SF as it will put me in danger of being perceived as a nasty and heartless person. But, having sat on my hands all evening and unable to bear it anymore; here I am! (Forgive me, nice SF peopes)

Seen it loads mate - they're called ''pseudo fits'' or ''pseudo feints''.

They're nutters & should be best avoided - nay scorned.

You have done right :thumbsup:

How about somebody who uses the health of their own dying mother to gain the attention of a potential boyfriend?

And to make matters worse - insisted the doctor strung out the death throes by overriding her sister's decision about medication (her sister also being a nurse).

Oh, and left her dying mother's bedside to go out dancing with new bloke?

.... And rubbed her hands in glee when talking about how much she'd inherited

Yes, drama queens are best avoided like the plague :rant:

.... And rubbed her hands in glee when talking about how much she'd inherited

I have a tin of that ready for when I win the big one on the Premium Bonds :thumbsup:

Just don't eat it Don - it might make you sick, or induce fainting ;)

deavon id have to say this person is possibly very insecure and needs a certain amount of attention perhaps some one who she likes and trusts should delicatly advise her to seek some sort of help in a proffesional manner ie doc we all have problems of some description im sure and some times we all need a little help and if we have good friends they will be there to help

Munchausen's syndrome!

seen it quite a few times from various people who can't bear to see someone having fun in a group without them... nothing you can do about it really

I'm willing to make a substantial bet that not only was she faking it, but that by the time they were in the taxi home she was fine and happy and chatting away ten to the dozen.....

seen this behaviour exhibited many times, by both men and women, it sometimes is a cry for help, but more often than not a manipulative self serving attention seeker.

:rant:

Right.

I have just spent the evening with a group of friends out on the town.

(To cut a long story short) Two of them are a couple and the girl could not cope with seeing her fella having a really good, normal time with all of us and decided to 'pass out'.

She then play-acted coming round and then acted all vulnerable and upset and had everybody fawn over her like a new born lamb. Then she demanded to be taken home by said boyfriend wo needless to say was no longer having a good time (mission accomplished).

Made me think... I've seen this before.

Has anyone else come across someone who pretends to be sick for attention?

Perhaps you are you someone who has done something similar?

What's it all about?

(Maybe most people haven't come across this phenomina... maybe I just keep bad company?)

P.S

Earlier tonight I promised myself that I would not do this rant on the old SF as it will put me in danger of being perceived as a nasty and heartless person. But, having sat on my hands all evening and unable to bear it anymore; here I am! (Forgive me, nice SF peopes)

I like your style Deavon - and I would not perceive you as nasty and heartless. That would be my stylie! :thumbsup:

I like to read people's opinions of things just like this and the more the better on the SF I say!

I have an ex boyfriend who used to do this every time he had a single drink inside him. He really did enjoy a good melodrama, it was like going out with a really camp drama queen guy but who had regressed to the age of 5. Getting rid of him was the best thing I ever did.

I've only heard of this once before, and the girl in question was an absolute first rate loony and persistent liar - I don't think she ever told the truth and my mate just believed her and got sucked further and further into a relationship that nearly destroyed him, she even turned him agaist those who cared for him.

This muppet doesn't sound as bad, but I'd still confront her and show her up to be the eejit she's being. I feel sorry for your mate (the fella who's seeing the loony girl).