Stocksbridge town councillor quits Lib Dems

With luck, more will follow. Traitor Clegg sold his soul to become Deputy PM, I dont think he can fool his followers anymore. If he stays as leader the LibDems are finished.

Even David Blunkett can see that. [My apologies to David]

Jack Clarkson is a good councillor, hope all goes well for him.

Im sorry so sorry.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: You hum, I'll sing........

I think it was his swansong...............

He'll just bugger off back to his billionaire family until they can find something else just as useless for him to do. In the meantime several hardworking, community spirited councillors will lose their seats.

LibDem MP's are a different matter, they SHOULD lose their seats for being part of this shambles of a government. I reckon this party will fade away into the wilderness for a good few years..........

What a shame......:hihi:

Jack Clarkson is a good councillor, hope all goes well for him.

Jack Clarkson was a Lib Dem, a member of their party and a supporter of their policies. You call that being a good councillor? He's also not resigning as a councillor, but standing as an Independent. What the hell good will that do for the people of Stocksbridge?

Jack Clarkson was a Lib Dem, a member of their party and a supporter of their policies. You call that being a good councillor? He's also not resigning as a councillor, but standing as an Independent. What the hell good will that do for the people of Stocksbridge?
Aren't you letting your rabid leftyism run away with you, just a bit? You think he should have defected to Labour? Personally, I'd prefer it if all councillors were independent.

The people of Stocksbridge were electing LD councillors for years, so guess they they must have thought they were ok at the job?

Jack Clarkson in my experience is an honest man, a good councillor and has integrity. Something that many councillors irrespective of party would do well to emulate!

Jack if you read this I wish you well!!

I quit Stocksbridge 35 years ago. Best move I ever made!

Aren't you letting your rabid leftyism run away with you, just a bit? You think he should have defected to Labour? Personally, I'd prefer it if all councillors were independent.

The people of Stocksbridge were electing LD councillors for years, so guess they they must have thought they were ok at the job?

Theoretically it would be good if all councillors [and MP's] were independent. In an ideal world it would work, but in our world where multinational companies manipulate governments I fear it would not. Good idea though............:)

Theoretically it would be good if all councillors [and MP's] were independent. In an ideal world it would work, but in our world where multinational companies manipulate governments I fear it would not. Good idea though............:)
And in a world where you need the financial oomph of organised parties to be able to campaign, independents struggle to make any headway. An independant trying to leaflet 14,000 electors has no chance when organised parties can just wind up the elastic on their activists and send them out everywhere.