Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Bus Lane on Bolsover Street

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

19-09-2012, 07:55   #1
scottf

Total Posts: 11,913
Has anyone been caught by the newly installed bus lane cameras on Bolsover Street running down towards brook hill roundabout?

It says they are operational and enforcement started on 3rd of September but every morning i still see people using the bus lane as a shortcut when the traffic is backed up past the star and garter.
_______
Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough

www.allthingsbonsai.co.uk
19-09-2012, 09:27   #2
greglowe

Total Posts: 5
Yeah I noticed people still using it despite a new sign and camera installed!

I hope they do get caught
19-09-2012, 09:35   #3
alchresearch

Total Posts: 25,221
Send a message via Yahoo to alchresearch
They'll soon be onto The Star whinging about how its so unfair and a tax on motorists!
19-09-2012, 09:42   #4
perplexed

Total Posts: 2,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchresearch View Post
They'll soon be onto The Star whinging about how its so unfair and a tax on motorists!
Beat me to it!
_______
"there are a significant number of posts on this forum which belong firmly in the Circumlocution office..."
19-09-2012, 10:17   #5
busdriver1

Total Posts: 1,035
well we have noticed the signs so the argument that "I could not see the sign" will not stand up then.
19-09-2012, 11:21   #6
scottf

The signs are pretty large and clear but the cameras are quite sneaky, pretty small, black in colour and attached to 2 black lampposts- we struggled to spot them at first.
_______
Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough

19-09-2012, 11:28   #7
Planner1

Total Posts: 8,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottf View Post
The signs are pretty large and clear but the cameras are quite sneaky, pretty small, black in colour and attached to 2 black lampposts- we struggled to spot them at first.
Ther's no legal requirement for bus lane cameras to be large or conspicuous. So, there's no intention to be "sneaky" , that's just how small they are. They can be demounted and moved to other locations if desired.
_______
Planner1's views are his own and do not reflect those of his employers, past or present.
Sponsored Links
19-09-2012, 11:44   #8
scottf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planner1 View Post
Ther's no legal requirement for bus lane cameras to be large or conspicuous. So, there's no intention to be "sneaky" , that's just how small they are. They can be demounted and moved to other locations if desired.
I'm not saying they are like that in order to catch people out- the large yellow signs should be warning enough but they don't need to be painted bright yellow like speed cameras do they.
_______

19-09-2012, 12:01   #9
Planner1

Total Posts: 8,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottf View Post
I'm not saying they are like that in order to catch people out- the large yellow signs should be warning enough but they don't need to be painted bright yellow like speed cameras do they.
No, they don't need to be high visibility.

The type of cameras used are different to the ones used for speed / red light enforcement. The original type (Hillsborough, Wicker etc) are CCTV cameras, a bit like security cameras, which are observed by operators at a control centre. The new ones are automatic, so are smaller because they don't need pan/tilt mechanisms.
_______
Planner1's views are his own and do not reflect those of his employers, past or present.
Reply To Topic