Sheffield Forum

Car wing mirror knocked off!!

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

30-06-2012, 10:16   #1
aidy

Total Posts: 257
My girlfriend woke up early this morning to goto work and found one of the car wing mirrors damaged!! This was on Overton Road, Hillsborough. Anyone else suffer this s**t last night? Angry...
30-06-2012, 10:46   #2
spiritangel1

Total Posts: 1,628
It happens all the time on the road where i live,not sure if its because the roads jam packed with cars and cars coming up and down too fast,its a narrow road and it happen all the time,never ever had anyone tell me that they knocked it off just drive off
30-06-2012, 12:09   #3
aidy

It wasnt a passing car that clipped it as it was the wing mirror nearest the kerbside rather than the roadside! Just bloody vandalism!!!
30-06-2012, 15:17   #4
dongle

Total Posts: 2,826
Did you park partly on the pavement?
30-06-2012, 15:47   #5
aidy

No im not being targeted as a couple of other cars have also been done. As to the question of whether the car was parked partly on the pavement or not, no it wasnt! Dont think that would justify damaging someones property anyway would it?! Ffs...
30-06-2012, 15:52   #6
Leah-Lacie

Total Posts: 9,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidy View Post
No im not being targeted as a couple of other cars have also been done. As to the question of whether the car was parked partly on the pavement or not, no it wasnt! Dont think that would justify damaging someones property anyway would it?! Ffs...
No, but Friday night = Drunk people

Drunk people + darkness + cars on the pavement can = broken wing mirrors. My 3 year old even knocked one off with her head once
30-06-2012, 15:56   #7
aidy

IT WAS NOT PARKED ON THE PAVEMENT! IT WAS PARKED LEGALLY ON THE ROAD LIKE MOST NORMAL PEOPLE PARK! Yeah it could have been drunk fools crashing into parked cars but who knows?
Sponsored Links
30-06-2012, 15:59   #8
Leah-Lacie

Total Posts: 9,618
Quote:
IT WAS NOT PARKED ON THE PAVEMENT! IT WAS PARKED LEGALLY ON THE ROAD LIKE MOST NORMAL PEOPLE PARK! Yeah it could have been drunk fools crashing into parked cars but who knows?
I know you weren't, but can see why someone asked!
30-06-2012, 16:04   #9
danny128

Total Posts: 521
Quote:
So why are you crying for?
30-06-2012, 21:20   #10
spiritangel1

Total Posts: 1,628
Mine was dented when a drunk idiot fell into the back of mine
30-06-2012, 23:13   #11
hockeybear

Total Posts: 955
2 weeks ago we had 50 cars damaged on our road in S6 my mirror is broken on the casing but still useable, some got more damage, the police held a gang of teenagers by the shops on Halifax road but I've not heard of one being charged with anything.
01-07-2012, 09:17   #12
ellekyte

Total Posts: 119
I live on Cobden View road in crookes. In the last year, I have had my wingmirrors kicked off I think, 4 or 5 times now. Before you think i'm terribly unpopular, I have checked and found that pretty much every car on the street - and i'm talking 30 plus here, has been done - yep, it's pretty much drunken ********s walking home. Mine are fixed , so they don't just flip inwards, they snap off - and have had to replace each time, grrr.

I have called the police numerous times, who have been very sympathetivc, even come out, but basically can do bugger all about it.....

It;s not nice.....
01-07-2012, 12:44   #13
Isabelle

Total Posts: 2,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie View Post
No, but Friday night = Drunk people

Drunk people + darkness + cars on the pavement can = broken wing mirrors. My 3 year old even knocked one off with her head once
Oops, I hope her head was okay!
01-07-2012, 16:55   #14
Xt500

Total Posts: 2,446
Quote:
My girlfriend woke up early this morning to goto work and found one of the car wing mirrors damaged!! This was on Overton Road, Hillsborough. Anyone else suffer this s**t last night? Angry...
Judging by the way some women park it doesnt surprise me.Ive seen some parked so far away from the kerb you need a bus to the pavement but hey its always someone elses fault init?
01-07-2012, 16:57   #15
Xt500

Total Posts: 2,446
Quote:
It wasnt a passing car that clipped it as it was the wing mirror nearest the kerbside rather than the roadside! Just bloody vandalism!!!
Thats from when she parked last time she used it,she just hadnt noticed,its not the make up mirror
01-07-2012, 19:02   #16
C.E.B

Total Posts: 119
Haha I was in Meadowhall and was letting a car pass as I went to park up. For some unknown reason the driver came past really slow, and close to my car knocked my wing mirror and didn't even stop to say sorry she just kept driving.
01-07-2012, 19:32   #17
Cookingfat

Total Posts: 684
Quote:
hate to say this but so what these thing happen all the time just have to buy another unless you claim on insurance bang goes your no claims
01-07-2012, 19:36   #18
denlin

Total Posts: 27,259
My brother in law had his knocked off by a cow while fishing on Trent and I mean the kind with 4 legs and hooves.
01-07-2012, 21:45   #19
Trinity May

Total Posts: 7
A bin lorry knocked mine off once, I rang the transport department and they gave me a new wing mirror and put it on for me
That was a pleasant surprise!
01-07-2012, 22:41   #20
kidneystone

Total Posts: 1,125
Quote:
Alot of motorists around our area park on the kirb and the pedestrians who are pushing prams have to use the road because they can't get through, so to those drivers who park on the kirb and have no respect for pedestrians they deserve all they get
Reply To Topic