Cheap Dog Walker/Belly Rub Provider Needed in Meersbrook

I had a professional dog walker previously who charged me £80 a month to come for an hour 3 times a week. Unfortunately, he wasn't providing her with the full hour I was paying for and sometimes didn't turn up at all. I couldn't afford to keep it up so I am trying to get an option that will help both myself and someone local in Meersbrook. I wouldn't let just anyone into my house and especially not to look after my dog. Anyone I choose will be fully vetted by me and my partner and the dog. I don't have a lot of money but at £7 for 30 mins, I don't have much choice other than leaving her on her own all day which is unfair.

Would this even meet minimum wage? Remember that there are the overheads of a business to run plus travel time between jobs. Their wages aren't just the hourly fee you pay.

What about getting the dog a lockable kennel and run in the garden?

Would this even meet minimum wage? Remember that there are the overheads of a business to run plus travel time between jobs. Their wages aren't just the hourly fee you pay.

What about getting the dog a lockable kennel and run in the garden?

It's not really a good idea to put a dog outside even in a lockable pen etc ! People know they are there and dog thefts are on the increase !

I'm referring to a decent professional kennel set into concrete. That would take some cutting through. It would make a fair bit of noise to cut through and take ages without power tools, same with a chunky secure padlock.

It depends on type of dog and how well they are trained too. Only a fool would attempt to take our dogs. :hihi: One friend and one scroat (separate occasions) jumped over our fence uninvited. One of the dogs cornered him. Soft mouth held the friend as he stood still....scared the pants off the other chap.....

I'm referring to a decent professional kennel set into concrete. That would take some cutting through. It would make a fair bit of noise to cut through and take ages without power tools, same with a chunky secure padlock.

It depends on type of dog and how well they are trained too. Only a fool would attempt to take our dogs. :hihi: One friend and one scroat (separate occasions) jumped over our fence uninvited. One of the dogs cornered him. Soft mouth held the friend as he stood still....scared the pants off the other chap.....

sadly most aren't like this , my lot would bark and lick them to death

I believe our dog walker would be £100pm for let-outs, think you'll struggle to find a professional at £65 a month :(

Ours is £45pw for an hours morning walk then an early afternoon let out or he has her out all morning (whichever fits in with his route better), very reasonable I think.

Hopefully someone local just looking for some extra cash might be willing but it's just trusting them that's the hard part! Good luck anyway

All the more reason to invest in a professional kennel. Don't knock them until you have seen them. Ours has solid bars thicker than your finger.

The last thing I would do is leave my dog outside without proper supervision. She's nearly 12 and gets a bad chest when she's outside too long if it's a bit chilly. Plus, I couldn't relax knowing she was outside all the time. I live in rented accommodation at the moment until we buy at the end of the year and she's never been in a kennel with me and I won't start now. I am not looking for a professional dog walker, I am just looking for someone to either walk her to the park and back (which she's exhausted by when she gets there) or someone to let her out for a wee in the garden and give her a cuddle and a belly rub for 20 mins. I am the dogs 4th owner and I am very protective of her so I would never get someone who wasn't trustworthy. Even if they just let her out for a wee, that's enough for me to know she won't be at home uncomfortable and busting by the time I get home :)

Barely, and I doubt you'll find many people willing to trek across town to earn 20 minutes of minimum wage dosh every day.

Hi as most have said for that price it just isnt possible,

i would be coming from stradbroke and would have to cover my fuel costs so each visit would be £10 not £7, if you think that you can afford that much then please dont hesitate to contact me, im fully insured DBS checked & fully qualified in Pet/Canine 1st aid, i can give reference via teeny and another walker if needs be.

if you do use someone else please make sure they have valid insurance and dbs check,

thanks

del.

Hi Del, Thanks for the offer but I am looking for someone who lives local and can just pop over after work or what not. She doesn't even really need walking, more just letting out in the garden and giving cuddles for 20 mins. Thank-you though :)

---------- Post added 22-05-2015 at 16:44 ----------

Barely, and I doubt you'll find many people willing to trek across town to earn 20 minutes of minimum wage dosh every day.

I'm not looking for a professional, and I am not looking for someone to trek across town. I am looking for a person, local or around Meersbrook to let my dog in the garden for a wee or if they feel like it, running her around the park which I live practically next to. It's not like I am asking for the world on a stick.

I'm not looking for a professional, and I am not looking for someone to trek across town. I am looking for a person, local or around Meersbrook to let my dog in the garden for a wee or if they feel like it, running her around the park which I live practically next to. It's not like I am asking for the world on a stick.

I don't think that you are looking for the world on a stick either, I bet that there are loads of nice local people that would do this for you, I would if I didn't live over the other side of town and would enjoy it as well.

Just be careful who you let into the house thats all, would a close neighbour perhaps help? a bit of extra money is always useful.

It's a shame it's lunchtimes you need .I'm local to you and would love a dog to take for walks but I'm at work all day as well. If ever you're stuck for the weekend tho.