Alcohol should be reclassified now!

Drug Classification  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Drug Classification

• Alcohol should be reclassified as a drug
    • Reclassify other drugs similar to alcohol
    • Leave things as they are

As we've all seen and also recently heard about alcohol being dangerous (and costly to the NHS) should it be reclassified along with other illegal drugs? Or should other drugs be reclassified similar to alcohol.

Guest sibon

What have you been taking?

Actually if this country discovered alcohol at the same time as canabis I'd wager they'd ban alcohol first.

Where's the 3rd option for leaving things as they are?

I can't vote for either of those two options, because I don't think alcohol should be classified as a drug, but I do think the likes of heroine should be.

Regards

Doom

Guest sibon
Actually if this country discovered alcohol at the same time as canabis I'd wager they'd ban alcohol first.

I'd question whether they have the need to ban either.

As we've all seen and also recently heard about alcohol being dangerous (and costly to the NHS) should it be reclassified along with other illegal drugs? Or should other drugs be reclassified similar to alcohol.

Have a drink and calm down.

---------- Post added 31-10-2014 at 08:40 ----------

We're pretty obviously heading towards decriminalisation I think, all the evidence shows that it's the way to reduce harm most effectively.

Don't you just love these druggie threads?

Education and personal responsibility is the problem.

We have an extremely immature relationship with alcohol.

Before I vote, can you clarify. This is basically another, should all drugs be legalised thread, right?

Also, when you say reclassified similar to alcohol, does that mean we could buy cheap smack from Aldi? :hihi:

I think you need to be a bit more specific dude!

---------- Post added 31-10-2014 at 09:13 ----------

Thankfully were were more liberal back then, and we didn't have any clean drinking water!

Was just watching Question Time and listening to the nieve rubbish some of the panelists were spouting! Oh and a couple of G n T's...

---------- Post added 31-10-2014 at 15:20 ----------

I can't vote for either of those two options, because I don't think alcohol should be classified as a drug, but I do think the likes of heroine should be.

Regards

Doom

Requested the option to be added to the poll.

No, I'm apprehensive about class A drugs, but I think regulation and control would be better than it being run by the black market.

---------- Post added 31-10-2014 at 15:23 ----------

Have a drink and calm down.

---------- Post added 31-10-2014 at 08:40 ----------

We're pretty obviously heading towards decriminalisation I think, all the evidence shows that it's the way to reduce harm most effectively.

The evidence suggests that but there are a lot of staunch stick in the muds when it comes to law makers. Also probably a lot of alcohol producing / retailing lobbiests.

---------- Post added 31-10-2014 at 15:29 ----------

Education and personal responsibility is the problem.

We have an extremely immature relationship with alcohol.

On Daily Politics the other week a politician defended politicians drinking in Parliament in the day as "responsible drinking", can there be other types of responsible drug taking?

Personally i'll admit to being arrested for being drunk and disorderly (many years ago), but never been in trouble when "stoned", except for possession, but not for causing trouble or committing a crime (other than possession).

---------- Post added 31-10-2014 at 15:33 ----------

Before I vote, can you clarify. This is basically another, should all drugs be legalised thread, right?

Also, when you say reclassified similar to alcohol, does that mean we could buy cheap smack from Aldi? :hihi:

I think you need to be a bit more specific dude!

Maybe cheaper drugs would stop people from committing crime?

But I'd probably suggest some kind of registration scheme, but only for class As, but even then its pretty unfair when you don't have too for alcohol which by many substance abuse professionals is rated as bad or even worse than most class A drugs.

Personally I'd like to see all drugs legalised and controlled. I'd like to see heroin prescribed to addicts for free (instead of methadone) and more emphasis placed on funding the treatment of addiction.

Regards

Doom

Done, as per multiple member requests :)