Do you talk to your neighbours?

Ok, I was thinking about when I was a kid growing up, neighbours used to know one another, pop in for a cuppa, fetch something from the shop for them... and chat etc.

I'm not sure if it's just my area and I know society has changed a lot over the years... but wouldn't it be nice if we could get back to the good old days!

I was wondering if others still had that community spirit?

If not we should go on a mass appeal and get it back... and ideas?

I talk to mine, though there is only one who I really talk to a lot

the others haven't been there very long and our lives don't really intersect that often

Yes, I get on very well with my neighbours................... they are my son, daughter in law and grandchildren !!!!!!!!

In our previous 3 houses we've always got on well with our neighbours, it must be awful if you didn't.

I do talk to ours, they nice people and have helped out a lot. But I've noticed though others on the road don't entertain you, you say hello and it's a mumble!

I wonder why we're less approachable in today's day and age.

Ok, I was thinking about when I was a kid growing up, neighbours used to know one another, pop in for a cuppa, fetch something from the shop for them... and chat etc.

I'm not sure if it's just my area and I know society has changed a lot over the years... but wouldn't it be nice if we could get back to the good old days!

I was wondering if others still had that community spirit?

If not we should go on a mass appeal and get it back... and ideas?

Did they?

I was brought up on a council estate and although people would pass the time of day, i never knew of anyone who acted any differently to today.

The last time we had snow, we fetched items for the couple with a new born and the elderly guy who needs a scooter to get about on,so thats the same as back then in the '70's in my experience.

We have nodding acquaintances with half of our village and a good morning at least ,with most of our end of the street.

Did they?

I was brought up on a council estate and although people would pass the time of day, i never knew of anyone who acted any differently to today.

The last time we had snow, we fetched items for the couple with a new born and the elderly guy who needs a scooter to get about on,so thats the same as back then in the '70's in my experience.

We have nodding acquaintances with half of our village and a good morning at least ,with most of our end of the street.

Sounds like a good area. Don't get me wrong in our area we do talk - but only a very select few. Like you, when I was growing up everyone knew everyone.

I just think generally it's changed a lot.

We talk to our on one side, the others are a waste of fresh air and good snap.

We made an effort when we moved in but they made it clear we were not welcome. Other neighbours had warned us about them.

I think a lot of that could be transient employment, when we moved into our village 2 houses found employment not down the pit. Me and the neighbour who was a milkman.

That obviously gave the miners a tight community which had us on the outside.

These days my neighbours work all over the place and they work all hours,so social interaction is far less. Yet i'm sure if i needed urgent help from some of them they'd oblige,they might not lend me a tenner but they'd drive me to A&E:hihi:

I talk to all of them in my block, most of them on the street(two or three I have never bumped into), most on the next two streets, and others further beyond, see quite a few at regular meetings.

I'll occasionally walk a bit faster when I see one though as she goes on and on for hours and I'm too polite to tell her to shut up.

The best thing is those, quite a few of the old neighbours who have moved elsewhere, still come back to visit me regularly.

No, ..........because you can't get a word in.

My hubby calls him Google because he knows everything

We talk to our on one side, the others are a waste of fresh air and good snap.

We made an effort when we moved in but they made it clear we were not welcome. Other neighbours had warned us about them.

That must be horrible- I always thought neighbours should be, well- neighbourly.

I was brought up to be good to neighbours and remember growing up in the east end, my mum was great with many of our neighbours- next door, opposite or up the road.

So I do try to do best I can- even if it is a hello and smile to the ones I see now and then (we all live in detached homes on a cul de sac).

My immediate neighbours are fine- the one to our right, we have a key to his house (which he gave us) as he is out a lot on business- so I drop off any parcels and last few occassions his ex and then his parents, came by and needed to borrow the key.

On our left, again , very friendly- shared some fence costs few months ago and their kids play with ours (in house/garden).

Got two gay couple opposite-and very nice people, my Mrs takes their post in so we have a catch up when they pop round to collect.