Has anyone used a dog stroller

Get one ,take the dog out and leave the other half at home..

Get one ,take the dog out and leave the other half at home..

I`ll second that. xx

:D

my parents used one for their dog as he had cushions disease and couldnt walk far. He loved it. Sadly he had to be put to sleep on saturday :sad:

I use one for my dog who has problems, I have a 'dog on board' sign on the front so as not to worry people when they peer in hoping to see a cute baby.

I worried about what people might think, but I've had nothing but positive remarks, and if it means not having to put him in kennels, then its got to be good.

TRACKRUNNER.

I don't have to suggest to you that if a dog stroller is a good idea then it doesn't matter what it looks like.

I would like to commend you on the use of the word ''seizure''

Happpy holiday. Have a good one.

There is an article in the Daily Mail today about a lady who uses a stroller for her four year old West Highland White Terrier. I have to say that I don't really agree with this as the dog is not disabled or elderly. Link.

Interestingly, she says that it allows her to take the dog into places that don't usually allow dogs. It also gets lots of attention. What do you think?

There is an article in the Daily Mail today about a lady who uses a stroller for her four year old West Highland White Terrier. I have to say that I don't really agree with this as the dog is not disabled or elderly. Link.

Interestingly, she says that it allows her to take the dog into places that don't usually allow dogs. It also gets lots of attention. What do you think?[/quote

My personal thoughts are she's the kind of person that shouldn't own a dog until she's had some training in good ownership. She needs to realise dogs need excercise, and dog walking is a pleasure for her and her dog to enjoy together. I rather think she's just seeking attention.

We bought a stroller recently for our whippet x. He has cushions disease but cannot cope with the heat and cant walk far. I bought it for the same reason, we went on holiday with him and our other 6 dogs and leaving him behind wasnt an option. It was invaluable as it didnt stop us going anywhere, good over rough terrain too.

We got ours off ebay, £69.99. It does say up to 40kgs but our little lad only weighs 18kgs and just fits in it!

We havent had any negative comments about it, if people asked I explained that he still loves to come with us but isnt up to the full walk, we used to pop him in it to get him to the beach then he got out and paddled and enjoyed a walk.

My husband was the same and said he wouldnt push it but even he admitted we couldnt have done without it.

.........one of the best ideas for dogs with problems! My daughter had one for her little dogs, then I borrowed it for my dog. Let people laugh/stare, the welfare of your 'baby' is paramount. BTW it it Cushings not cushions......!

.........one of the best ideas for dogs with problems! My daughter had one for her little dogs, then I borrowed it for my dog. Let people laugh/stare, the welfare of your 'baby' is paramount. BTW it it Cushings not cushions......!

Pmsl!! I know its Cushings! No idea why I typed that:loopy::loopy:

We have to do what we have to do for the best.

Other persons thoughts aren't important.