Sheffield Wednesday v Wycombe Official Match Thread

If they don't go up and then don't make a good start next season Wilson will be gone, it will turn ugly...

Could just as easily say that if you lose your first five games again next season (like under Laws) the fans will turn on Jones - the fans at S6 are just as fickle, as is the Chairman...!

We've not seen how they react to a defeat under him yet, and how they fare against much better teams.

Could just as easily say that if you lose your first five games again next season (like under Laws) the fans will turn on Jones - the fans at S6 are just as fickle, as is the Chairman...!

We've not seen how they react to a defeat under him yet, and how they fare against much better teams.

we have beaten one championship team and gave another a good game just not under jones. our fans can be fickle aswell so who knows what will happen next season, i'm glad our chairman can be abit trigger happy otherwise i think we'd be in the playoffs:)

I thought that was a job well done yesterday and if it hadn't have been for their keeper it would have been a lot more.

Unfair to single out individuals as I don't think there was a bad performance from anyone (possible exception of Ranger but he did score).

Said it before, but will say it again.... better team over 46 games, congrats Owls.

Question: Does anyone know the last time Wednesday were promoted at Hillsborough? Can't be often surely...

Guest sibon
question: Does anyone know the last time wednesday were promoted at hillsborough? Can't be often surely...

1991. ....

1991. ....

Nice one, how do the two compare atmosphere/occasion wise?

Guest sibon
Nice one, how do the two compare atmosphere/occasion wise?

I can't really remember much of the 91 promotion. I was young and quite fond of beer:D

It was touch and go right to the end of the season. Like this time, the squad was very strong in relation to the division, so it felt as though we should do it. Here's a bit of statto stuff to show you what I mean

The atmosphere yesterday was unbelievable. I suspect that I will still remember that if I'm still around in 20 years time.

Brilliant Wednesday, simply brilliant. and credit to the Wycombe fans for singing and celebrating.

Superb season topped off with a great win yesterday, very proud of the Owls today all be it with a very sore head, Championship here we come !!!

Wow...what an occasion!

Before kick off i became a little nervous about the niggling 'what ifs' and for the first 10-15 the players looked a bit nervous too.

As sson as that first goal went in the relief for everyone inside Hillsborough was plain to see!

A workmanlike professional job, by a good side.

Special mention to Keith Treacy who i thought ran his blood to water yesterday, but the whole squad have been fantastic!

UTO...and up we go! :D

Congrats to you hungover weds fans on your well deserved promotion just hope we can join you ..

alan..