Officer unlawfully tazers man in pants face incident.

:hihi:

A police officer unlawfully Tasered a naked man who threw his underpants at him, a court has heard.

PC Lee Birch, of Wiltshire Police, fired the weapon into Daniel Dove's chest during a strip search.

The court heard Mr Dove took his underwear off and as PC Birch moved forward to take the boxer shorts Mr Dove flicked them at the pair of officers and they hit PC Birch on the side of his face.

:help:

Linky.

Good on the Police Officer. I would have done the same.

Guy kicks off in custody, starts causing problems, lashes out and thows something into the officer's face. They are trained to get a situation back under control as soon as possible.

A few volts to the chest will soon sort that out and what does Mr Crybaby prisoner do, go running to the Courts.

Never mind thinking about his own actions in the incident:

Refusal to comply with an officers request

Verbal abuse

Assault and Battery against a police officer

Not bad for a guy already in custody for a criminal offence.

No doubt the Judge will find in the Prisoner's favour and have more crap smeared against the Police Force.

But surely officers dealt with such situations before tazers came along.

I personally can't think of any prior case where underpants have caused grave harm to an officer. :huh:

Maybe he had his stash of bath salts hidden in there, causing the pants to have super ...err.... special pants power. :help:

Did the PC place him under a vest?

I personally can't think of any prior case where underpants have caused grave harm to an officer. :huh:

:hihi::hihi: yer such a bad lad meg.

This beats that other thread about the man shot in a court over a ballpoint pen

This beats that other thread about the man shot in a court over a ballpoint pen

Are you being deliberately dense? The bloke in the courtroom was murdered for being aggressive with a pen.

This bloke got his balls cooked for being aggressive with a pair of undercrackers.

Hes not dead though. Unlike the man in your neck of the woods he wasnt filled with enough lead to go dressed as a pencil at the next Christmas fancy dress compo.

:hihi::hihi: yer such a bad lad meg.

True though. Tazering is a bit OTT in this case, imo. :D

Good on the Police Officer. I would have done the same.

Really? Do you think police officers should be allowed to inflict violence on prisoners whenever they feel like it?

"There was nothing to grab hold of"!!!

"I felt he would continue to assault either myself or one of my colleagues if I didn't use that device upon him.

"He was now naked and was soaking wet and I would not wish to restrain a naked man. There was nothing to grab hold off - there's no clothing to grab.

"He was clearly not bothered that he is naked and nothing has stopped him or calmed him down.

"For the safety of myself and the others I drew my Taser."

http://www.wiltshiretimes.co.uk/news/latestheadlines/11170635.I_didn_t_act_out_of_revenge__says_police_officer_accused_of_Tasering_naked_man_in_Melksham_police_station/?ref=var_0

---------- Post added 24-04-2014 at 18:02 ----------

I hope he's got a good brief.

Why? Fronting up like that is asking for trouble.

Perhaps he was jockeying for a better position?