Palcohol - powdered alcohol!!

I've just read an article in today's Indie about powdered alcohol being given the go ahead in the US - I checked the date of the article wasn't 1st April (it's 21st of April) and googled 'palcohol' - it's a powdered booze product you add to water - ideal for sneaking into bars - just buy a tap water and bung your powder in - the bar industry will go titz up!!

I can't decide whether I think this is lunacy or genius - it won't match a good pint of tetley's (like the near perfect ones I had in the banner cross last week) or the delicious Wild Swan in the Stag (will be having 2 later on when I've walked the dog) but it might come in handy next time I'm at a a grossly overpriced music venue selling urine analogue for £6 a pint.

What do the wise heads of SF think???

Does it come with a soda stream thingy?

doubt it, you couldn't sneak a soda stream into a night club up yer jumper -it'd give you away.I can't imagine anyone drinking it at home when a tinnie of beer is a quid a bottle of plonk under a fiver - apparently you could snort it and get wasted in about 8 seconds, but they've thought of that and added a lot of bulk so you'd have to put several table spoonfuls up yer snoz to get an effect.

They say it's for camping trips and hiking, to avoid carrying heavy booze, but water weighs the same as wine or beer - a half bot of voddy will do that job better.

I wonder if it will appear here? if so I'll give it a go - once.

Camping thing sounds good, especially if you're high up and have access to running clear water. Surely they would have to factor in all the differing tastes people have for it to appeal.

Camping thing sounds good, especially if you're high up and have access to running clear water. Surely they would have to factor in all the differing tastes people have for it to appeal.

I reckon it'll be aimed at the 'not over fussy' end of the market skinz - I can Imagine a bunch of ****** up girls with sachets hidden in their knickers ordering 7 pints of tapwater in a town centre pub - surely no one in their right mind would drink it anywhere else.

Where does the alcohol come into it then? it's not like you can "dry" ethanol to a solid state....

I'm sure it's the stuff they dish up to us on all inclusive holidays.

---------- Post added 21-04-2014 at 15:14 ----------

Aye I can see it now, the Chelsea Tractor brigade snorting Chateau Lafite in the bogs at Annabel's.

Aye I can see it now, the Chelsea Tractor brigade snorting Chateau Lafite in the bogs at Annabel's.

The word of a rough arse. :hihi:

Where does the alcohol come into it then? it's not like you can "dry" ethanol to a solid state....

asking the wrong person here mate - as a lifelong and committed drinker of beer, the idea of 'dry' beer sounds mingin' - skinz molecular bonding sounds right, though it's not my area of expertise.

as we speak (type) I'm enjoying a tinnie of Tyskie - very nice polish brew @ a pound a pop, earlier I had a pint of Tzara (absolutely gorgeous Thornbridge lager/ale crossbreed - very dear though £3.80 a pint) and at neither time did I think 'I'd rather have a molcular - encapsulated powdered pint any day' - best leave it to the lasses to hide in their knickers I reckon.

The word of a rough arse. :hihi:

Only snort Stones's where I come from :blush:

Maybe thats why mountain sherpas keep getting killed, they are always hammered.