Personal information

I just got a message from my mom that my bank sent her my credit card statement over text I'm not sure how they got her number but. Wasn't too happy is there anything I could do and is it worth taking it to court?

I would imagine that you gave them her number? I get the same texts and they are sent to a number I gave them at a time I decide (every Tuesday).

If you didn't give them your mothers number, how did they get it?

How did they get the number?

Bit disturbing you are thinking of taking them to court over this? Do you sue many people?

I just got a message from my mom that my bank sent her my credit card statement over text I'm not sure how they got her number but. Wasn't too happy is there anything I could do and is it worth taking it to court?

Does your mother have the same surname as you and bank with the same bank ?

What exactly would you be taking them to court for? How much money are you now out of pocket for by this supposed breach of your personal data?

Have you tried calling them and asking for an explanation? If, after hearing their explanation, you are still unhappy then you should report them to Ofcom.

jb

My mom is with the same bank and I had to max out my credit card and I called up the other day and told them to stop calling my mother's phone and gave them my number and they said that is the number we are calling so :/ but I used to work for a company and if something like tis happend it was a big deal.

In that case I would definitely take them to court. At the bare minimum you stand to have all you debts wiped clean and a £5K ISA set up in your name. Start your claim now, you've nothing to lose.

jb

Do you realise that makes almost no sense?

Just ask them to change the number they are sending the information to/ calling to your own. Get them to change it on the computer and confirm they have done so plus they will ring that number in future.

If they confirm and then the mistakes are happening again, then you have to call them back and ask them to sort the matter out. If they cant do that then ask to speak to a manager or make an official complaint in writing.

If it happened to me I wouldnt think it was a massive deal, but annoying. At least you know the details havent gone to a stranger.

If you want to make a big deal of it then take them to court and see how far you get with that. You might wan to think what you will be sueing them for and what your loss is.