Photoshop Elements 15

Can someone please tell me how to exit a command and get my cursor back to the normal arrow. Scenario:- On an open photo I have used the rectangle tool to select an area. I then selected photobucket command, selected a colour and applied to area. Now, how the heck do I exit the live photobucket command as I can't get rid of the little photobucket icon cursor. I've tried select, deselect which gets rid of the 'walking ants' around the area and I've tried the esc button without success. I've right clicked the mouse to see if there's an option but no. I've hit the photobucket button in the hope that it would toggle off, but no such luck. I've trawled youtube and found some fab tutorials but none of them solve this problem for me. Grrr! Please help. :rant::rant::rant:

UPDATE: 16/07/19:

Sorry I'm late getting back to you all but had a major problem on my laptop and had to do an O.S. Restore and then had to reinstall stuff. Thanks for all your suggestions but none of them actually did anything (I'm probably looking in the wrong areas). Kept looking at tutorials on Youtube for PSE15 and it seems you just go from one command to another, so have been managing that way. My laptop went haywire after an update, so not looking forward to my desktop computer updating this morning as it is the Windows 10 update. Beginning tow ish I lived on a desert island with no techology but, hey ho, got to try and move forward. Thanks again Guys.

Edited by Thunderbox

If it is anything like paint shop,if I have been using the tools all I do is click on the scan icon and it goes back to the cursor arrow.

if its same as photoshop cs, usually ctrl+d clears the selection :)

I don't use Photoshop Elements, I use Photoshop so this may be different. Can't you just click on the arrow tool? Or have I misunderstood?