Getting my 7 yr old into a football club.

My son wants to start playing football with a club. He's been wanting to for a couple of years now. This might sound like a silly question but having no experience ourselves do we just contact local clubs? We've contacted a couple of clubs who have advertised places but no response. We were told that due to the season ending we might have to wait for a reply/re-contact closer to the new season.

Thanks.

Tinsley are looking for players really good setup and a really good manager there training on Thursday at 5.30 at the old Tinsley junior school

Tinsley are looking for players really good setup and a really good manager there training on Thursday at 5.30 at the old Tinsley junior school

Thanks rob. A little too far for us though. I should really have put location in the thread. Contacted a couple more today and got a reply so he is potentially sorted.

Thanks brilliant mate hope he as fun

Thanks rob. A little too far for us though. I should really have put location in the thread. Contacted a couple more today and got a reply so he is potentially sorted.

Which team is he potentially playing for?

Ecclesall Rangers have an open session on Saturday mornings at Ecclesall Junior School for that age group. Try there.

Thanks brilliant mate hope he as fun

Thanks rob

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 19:49 ----------

Which team is he potentially playing for?

Mosborough FC. They're in the middle of creating another age band within an already established children's band. Hopefully hear back from them in a few weeks regarding a trial.

Ecclesall Rangers have an open session on Saturday mornings at Ecclesall Junior School for that age group. Try there.

Thanks for the suggestion but he hopefully has found somewhere now.

thurcroft miners institute FC have just started a soccer school on monday nights, there on facebook

Glad to hear he may be sorted, he will make a whole new band of mates and, if he sticks at it, so will you with other parents etc.

I love being part of it, especially going to away matches and places I never knew existed!

Good luck young 'un!

Thanks rob

---------- Post added 12-06-2017 at 19:49 ----------

Mosborough FC. They're in the middle of creating another age band within an already established children's band. Hopefully hear back from them in a few weeks regarding a trial.

Thanks for the suggestion but he hopefully has found somewhere now.

If you are in the S20 area, you might want to check out Killamarsh Dynamos as a backup. My son has played for them since about 6 years old.

thurcroft miners institute FC have just started a soccer school on monday nights, there on facebook

Thanks.

Glad to hear he may be sorted, he will make a whole new band of mates and, if he sticks at it, so will you with other parents etc.

I love being part of it, especially going to away matches and places I never knew existed!

Good luck young 'un!

Sounds good Andy!

If you are in the S20 area, you might want to check out Killamarsh Dynamos as a backup. My son has played for them since about 6 years old.

Will definitely keep them in mind. Thanks.

Also, for any girls interested in playing football, there are sessions at St Georges Park, Graves, on Tuesdays from 5pm - 6pm. Quality coaching from Sheffield Club, possible teams for next season and £3 pay as you play eeach week.