Your Favourite Ever Player For Your Team

We've had similar threads before but its the slowest news time of the year for football, sooooo - who is your favourite ever player to play for your club and why? Mine would be:

John Sheridan – Had a good career at Leeds followed by a strange move to Cloughs Nottingham Forest side where he was training with the kids, snapped up by the Owls for next to nothing by big Ron he became the midfield general that we would kill for now, fantastic vision and could totally dominate a midfield, also a dead ball expert and penalty taker, a bit of a lad off the field by all accounts but a great, great player.

Who are yours (one name only).

Tony Kay.My hero.Shattered when he left for Everton,and tragic that his career ended prematurely.

Tony Currie by a country mile.

Tony Kay.My hero.Shattered when he left for Everton,and tragic that his career ended prematurely.

Tony Kay for me also. After taking him to Everton (1962), Harry Catterick later wanted to sign John Fantham, glad that didn't happen.

Viv Anderson. Tony Adams (article in "Times" today) puts him alongside the greats. Mind you, he also tells how they targeted Hirsty in 1992.

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 12:48 ----------

We've had similar threads before but its the slowest news time of the year for football, sooooo - who is your favourite ever player to play for your club and why? Mine would be:

John Sheridan – Had a good career at Leeds followed by a strange move to Cloughs Nottingham Forest side where he was training with the kids, snapped up by the Owls for next to nothing by big Ron he became the midfield general that we would kill for now, fantastic vision and could totally dominate a midfield, also a dead ball expert and penalty taker, a bit of a lad off the field by all accounts but a great, great player.

Who are yours (one name only).

I remember the penalty he took at the Kop end - was it for Oldham? No celebration at all, total class. A far cry from the one he missed against Oxford in the promotion year....loads of abuse, didn't we lose three in a week and Palmer sent off at Pompey? Please confirm, as I now need my pills...

Mick Prendergast,not the most skilfully but what a heart he had.

Taking the thread to mean an outfield player, it has to be John Fantham for me a Sheffield lad whose record speaks for itself. Married Carol Ardron off East Bank Rd whose brother Nigel often joined in when we were having a kick about on the Arbourthorne Central school playing field, good times.

Tony Currie by a country mile.

Tony Currie for me as well, if I could have picked any Owl to come and play for the blades it would have to be Tony Kay, what a player he was.

---------- Post added 03-06-2017 at 16:53 ----------

Taking the thread to mean an outfield player, it has to be John Fantham for me a Sheffield lad whose record speaks for itself. Married Carol Ardron off East Bank Rd whose brother Nigel often joined in when we were having a kick about on the Arbourthorne Central school playing field, good times.

I think he also held the course record at Beauchief at one time, so also not a bad golfer.

well for a centre forward its got to be Derek Dooley as he holds the record for highest scorer,modern day I loved to see david hurst,sorry it two folks.

I know he played a lot of golf up at Hallamshire, he only lived down the road from there.

We could go on for days about this. How about Nigel Pearson "Captain...Leader...Legend" We have to give first place to the only Owls captain to lift serious silverware in modern times.

I will spilt it down to decades:

70s

Brian Hornsby

Terry Curran

Roger Wylde

Garry Bannister

Mick Lyons

Mel Sterland

90's

Roland Nilsson

Chris Waddle

John Sheridan

David Hirst

PDC

(Spoilt for choice in the 90s)

00s

Lee Bullen

Steve McClean

(not spoilt for choice in the 00s)

10s

Tom Lees

Michail Antonio

FF

And out of that lot I would say Waddle wins hands down!