Google opening 'digital garage' to help businesses in Leeds

Google is building a high tech centre in Leeds to teach skills to businesses.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-03/13/leeds-digital-skills-google

Google is opening a pop-up workshop in Leeds in a bid to help local businesses improve their digital skills. The Digital Garage project will see Google give advice on how companies can use the internet to reach more customers and grow faster.

The six-month trial in Leeds will open on 30 March and include a digital "tune-up" service for small businesses. Aspiring entrepreneurs are also encouraged to attend events organised by local partners and book one-to-one mentoring sessions on digital business skills.

Why can't Sheffield have it instead?

Why can't Sheffield have it instead?

cos we not thick!

(We need a green font for sarcastic posts rule)

It is a trial, Google is looking to enter the consulting-space I am sure if it works (and it might well do) that we will see this rolled out elsewhere. Not sure that would mean one in Sheffield of course.

It means that although businesses in Leeds try Google Adwords pay per click campaigns they are so rubbish at setting them up they cost the businesses thousands of pounds whilst not securing sales. This turns them off using Google who are as hungry as ever to get hold of unsavvy internet marketers to spend their money.

Sheffield internet marketing companies run rings around Leeds.

cos we not thick!

(We need a green font for sarcastic posts rule)

It is a trial, Google is looking to enter the consulting-space I am sure if it works (and it might well do) that we will see this rolled out elsewhere. Not sure that would mean one in Sheffield of course.

Sheffield has now got one! Whoop de woo!

Was out in Sheffield today, with friends I we walked past it in Barker's Pool - I think it's where the Nottingham Building Society was.

Does anyone know what impact this Digital Garage has had in Leeds in the 2 years since it was set up?

I believe there are some people from Leeds on SF, perhaps they have some experience of it that they could share with us.

I don't think it was ever set up because I think I read somewhere that the Sheffield one is the first one.