Passed my test & bought my first car, But!

In the case of adding a more experienced partner to the insurance, it probably really does mean that they drive it.

For example, I drive my wifes car as often as she does because I drive most often if we go out together. She's on my insurance, but as yet has literally never driven my latest car.

A few years ago I found a loophole in the annual mileage part.

I used to select "upto 12,000 miles". But one year I was doing more so I selected "upto 14,000" miles and the price went down. I kept doing this to "upto 20,000 miles" when it started to creep back up.

That'll be because it assumes more motorway driving, which is safer.

Presumably that's not illegal as it's an "up to" value, and only an estimate anyway.

Although deliberately under estimating I assume would be a problem.

It's also worth considering putting in different variations on what your occupation is and in what sector you work, providing they all bascially match what you do.

That'll be because it assumes more motorway driving, which is safer.

No.

It just says the people that select those lower mileages, make more claims.

No.

It just says the people that select those lower mileages, make more claims.

No, they actually check your mileage when you make a claim.

No, they actually check your mileage when you make a claim.

He means that the reasoning behind it is not "motorway miles" it's simply algorithmic, people who drive >14 <20 k miles, make lower value/less claims.

In the UK they don't just stop at what address you live at, insurers want to know the type of dwelling, is it rented or mortgaged etc...

But is that because it properly affects the insurance or so they can use that data for marketing?

Given that most people tick the box not to allow the marketing I can't see how the data would be much use (or legal to collect at all) if it wasn't for the purposes of the actual business, ie selling insurance.

My wife changed her car from a Ford Ka to a Renault Scenic. Her insurers wanted an extra five hundred pounds to insure it, taking the cost to £800. I shopped around and got a policy for just over £300 with business use and protected no claims. I had a similar experience with Aviva.

My wife changed her car from a Ford Ka to a Renault Scenic. Her insurers wanted an extra five hundred pounds to insure it, taking the cost to £800. I shopped around and got a policy for just over £300 with business use and protected no claims. I had a similar experience with Aviva.

I don't think I've stayed with the same insurer for more than one year at a time in 30 years.