Hirsty at logger heads .

Wednesday won't win the cup will they so might as well give young George a competitive run out in that and see if he is any good.

He wasn't a world beater in the Toulon really and was regularly out muscled by big boys, luckily David Brooks was there to offer him stuff on a plate and win him penalties really. In the development league he very rarely came up against big lads at the back and the championship would be a huge step up and shock to the system for a very slender young lad.

If you play him in the league then it has to happen in the first half of the season and not the business end.

Love to read a good unbiased comment Greenman, 40 goals in season at all levels, must be a lot of midget defenders on the scene.

Love to read a good unbiased comment Greenman, 40 goals in season at all levels, must be a lot of midget defenders on the scene.

Here tha goes again. You are completely wrong and I am not whoever you think I am. You seem to have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with me and you are just wasting your time. My name is Zeb and I work as a lagger, I don't know who you think I am other than what the other member told me but you are comically wrong.

Your negative attitude, rudeness and hostility won't prevent me from posting and giving my opinion if that is what you are hoping.

In reply to your question, Yes I actually watch a good bit of the development football. The majority of the defenders are younger, inexperienced and are not yet fully developed physicality wise.

Edited by charmingman

Here tha goes again. You are completely wrong and I am not whoever you think I am. You seem to have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with me and you are just wasting your time. My name is Zeb and I work as a lagger, I don't know who you think I am other than what the other member told me but you are comically wrong.

Your negative attitude, rudeness and hostility won't prevent me from posting and giving my opinion if that is what you are hoping.

In reply to your question, Yes I actually watch a good bit of the development football. The majority of the defenders are younger, inexperienced and are not yet fully developed physicality wise.

What about the young international players?

Let Young Hirsty go on loan if hes not in CC first team plans

Let Young Hirsty go on loan if hes not in CC first team plans

Probably the best plan.

If he was good enough he would at least be warming the bench regular.

A loan to a decent League 1 team until January may answer a few questions.

Just exactly how many first team goals / appearances has he got under his belt ?

Definately needs to go out on loan, see if he can handle it in league 1 and help bulk him up abit. I don't expect to see him play in a Wednesday shirt, he'll be gone unfortunately before the club feel he's ready. Id rather see him on the bench than nuhiu though

Definately needs to go out on loan, see if he can handle it in league 1 and help bulk him up abit. I don't expect to see him play in a Wednesday shirt, he'll be gone unfortunately before the club feel he's ready. Id rather see him on the bench than nuhiu though

There's so much pressure on managers/clubs to perform that it's difficult to blood young players, Hirst would have probably got more starts a few years ago when we were in the doldrums. I've only seen him play sparingly and have heard mixed comments, he had apparently bulked up a bit since he first emerged, it will be virtually impossible for the Owls to hold onto him if a Prem club comes knocking. A lot are clamouring for him to go on loan but a lot of coaching staff are not always as keen as the player may be asked to play "their" way at another club.

I get that about going on loan but I wonder how much more he'll learn playing with players his age. He's shown he knows where the net is but it would be nice to see him do it for the first team or league games at another club. It's not just hirst though, theres stobbs who is supposed to be highly rated but doesn't go out on loan or in the first team. I'm sure the club knows what they're doing but I can't see it ending well with hirst now his management company are playing hard ball.

Guest makapaka

If he was called George Smith there would be far less clamour for his inclusion.

Looks a good prospect - I agree a loan move would be good.

No case for starting him in the first team as there are too many others ahead of him on merit.

Young Hirsty is being badly advised by his agents regarding a new contract hence the stalemate ...Wednesday won't sell him and would sooner let his contract run down ....

Maybe it's affecting his future prospects of getting in the first team set up ...but that aside you would trust the judgement of the coaching staff who see him everyday as to whether he's ready for the next step..

George got a hat trick against Sunderland U23's today, they obviously must be another team of midget defenders :hihi::hihi:

George got a hat trick against Sunderland U23's today, they obviously must be another team of midget defenders :hihi::hihi:

Good job Wednesday drafted in young Brooks from United today to set up all the Son of God's goals...