Blades Close Season Signing Rumours

Do the regular blades think that Stearman will be a better option. I don't get to the Lane so much nowadays for one reason or another but on the occasions I went last season EEL looked a decent player with plenty of commitment at that level but I thought he got caught out of position a few times which he might not get away with that at the higher level, and from what I've read about Stearman most people seem to rate him.

He obviously ticks an important box for us in adding more Championship experience, not only that but recent experience as a first team regular last season.

EEL was a steady player and did a great job for us last season in that league, to be fair I strongly believe that he could quite easily do a job for us this season in the Champiomship as well. If I had to make a decision between the two players however I would have to opt for Stearman because he brings the leadership and experience that will bring O'Connell on as a player.

He obviously ticks an important box for us in adding more Championship experience, not only that but recent experience as a first team regular last season.

EEL was a steady player and did a great job for us last season in that league, to be fair I strongly believe that he could quite easily do a job for us this season in the Champiomship as well. If I had to make a decision between the two players however I would have to opt for Stearman because he brings the leadership and experience that will bring O'Connell on as a player.

Seems like a good summing up, anyhow CW seems quite happy about the situation and with his record with the players he's brought in that'll do for me.

Ebanks-Landell ...United's beast of a centre half from last season has signed on a season long loan deal....

for MK Dons...

Wilder knows best,managed our team to win the league by a country mile last season.

Stearmans got the pace of the QE2.

Guest sibon
Stearmans got the pace of the QE2.

He must be pretty quick then. The QE2 had a top speed of almost 40 mph.

He's faster than Bolt ...

He must be pretty quick then. The QE2 had a top speed of almost 40 mph.

He's faster than Bolt ...

We'll see ;)

Guest sibon
We'll see ;)

We've already seen.

You've told us that Spearman's top speed is almost twice that of Usain Bolt.

You need to check your figures properly before making ridiculous claims.

Edited by sibon

Do the regular blades think that Stearman will be a better option. I don't get to the Lane so much nowadays for one reason or another but on the occasions I went last season EEL looked a decent player with plenty of commitment at that level but I thought he got caught out of position a few times which he might not get away with that at the higher level, and from what I've read about Stearman most people seem to rate him.
EEL came in like a steam train last season then faded a bit. He seemed to become prone to the odd mistake while Jack O'C started knitting his magic hat and Jake Wright quietly ploughed his unbeaten furrow. EEL was carrying an injury though, IIRC. Stearman sounds like a quality addition.

like eel i know we tried to get him but sounds like were prepared to go big for the blackburn lad

Im probably in a minority of 1 but i didn't rate EEL.Played well for half a dozen games then looked like a total liability, even at div 1 level.Cant see him hacking it in the Championship.

Im probably in a minority of 1 but i didn't rate EEL.Played well for half a dozen games then looked like a total liability, even at div 1 level.Cant see him hacking it in the Championship.

Wouldn't disagree with that, however, always remember him for his sidefooted winner against Bury in the 95th minute after United had 80% possession but couldn't break them down. The outpouring of relief and joy was something to behold.

John Lundstram is undergoing a medical up at Shirecliffe this afternoon. Another very shrewd signing by Chris Wilder as he snaps up another Captain and Player of the season 16/17.

The former Everton academy prospect spent his younger career doing the rounds on loan however joined Oxford in 2015 and stood out to the extent that he was made captain at 23 years old. He then went on to lead his team to promotion as captain.

Ticks all the boxes, brings leadership and current form to the party.

This doesn't end our interest in a creative midfield such as Leonard as Lundstram is more a defensive midfielder. According to Wilder, we are still very much in the chase for Leonard also.