Men's Cabaret & Show Dance Classes - Start 19th June - S35

Gentlemen - do you want to learn how to dance?

Would you like to gain a bit more body confidence?

Would you like to be able to share the dancefloor with your partner at social events or on nights out?

Would you like to try a fun way to get and keep fit?

As from Monday 19th June 2017, I will be starting Cabaret & Show Dance Classes for MEN - I am calling this "The Velvet Boylesque" which is based around my long-standing business, plus my female show troupe, "The Velvet Burlesque".

I will be teaching basic dance steps and combinations which will then lead into fully choreographed routines featuring Burlesque, Cabaret, Show & Stage style dance.

Examples of planned content include stage/show dance, classical Burlesque, Neo-Burlesque, lap/chair dance, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, partner dance, & slapstick styles.

I have over 26 years of professional performance and teaching experience under my belt, and my female-based Burlesque & Cabaret dance troupe ("The Velvet Burlesque") were recently awarded "Best British Burlesque Troupe" 2016 by The Burlesque Awards.

Beginners are the core of these classes - on a day-to-day basis, I teach non-dancers to become dancers, and for those of you who already dance, you can look to learn some incredible choreography by attending these classes, and maybe also look to join the show troupe. I am often asked if men can do these classes, or if I can teach men to dance and/or help them overcome a lack of confidence when it comes to getting up on the dance-floor and general body-confidence and self-image ... I certainly can help, yes! All classes are planned to accommodate those of you with two left feet alongside those of you who can click on an off-beat. I welcome all shapes and sizes (as proved on stage and in class by both my Velvet Burlesque troupe and my plus-size troupe; "The Yorkshire Puddings"), and as long as you or anyone else interested are older than 18 years of age, you are welcome to attend.

You don't have to be fit to start the class - joining the class will help you become fitter!

In the longterm, I am also aiming to put together a male dance troupe, so if performing is also something that interests you, then what better place to start!

A lot of the men who have initially contacted me about this class are very interested in learning, but also very apprehensive about actually making a start. I always tell any newcomer that the worse thing they will do is have to build up the confidence to walk through the venue door that first night. I promise you that within a short period of time within the class you will be laughing, joking and having fun!

What have you got to lose?!

So - if you are interested in joining us, please contact me via VelvetBurlesque@aol.com and I shall provide further details as to the new classes for June onwards.

Further details can also be found here: Burlesque & Cabaret Dance Classes

Lara Gothique - "Hells Belle"

http://www.VelvetBurlesque.co.ukâ„¢

:help:

I look a complete burk in my swimming trunks

Edited by rogets

:help:

I look a complete burk in my swimming trunks

We will not be doing any stripping as such within classes, although for any striptease-style routine, I will be showing you the art of the tease by using additional items of clothing that you can put on over your workout gear to practice with.

As with all my women's classes, I am aiming to help promote better body image and body confidence with the men in class (as well as men who come to see our shows), and proving that you don't have to be a Greek Adonis with a six-pack to be able to dance, look good, and feel better about yourself.

Are you interested in attending?

Lara

Edited by Velvet