Bob Dylan wins Nobel Prize for Literature

Bob Dylan has been awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature.

About time too!

Fantastic news! And so well deserved too.

Dylan was the people's conscience in the 60's and reached more young people than any number of books or politicians. I think he was one of the first people to turn song lyrics into real, meaningful poetry about intense subjects.

Always said he was a poet.

I wonder if Eminem will get an award 30 years from now for discribing the 21st century in the same way?

Dylan was the people's conscience in the 60's and reached more young people than any number of books or politicians. I think he was one of the first people to turn song lyrics into real, meaningful poetry about intense subjects.

I wonder if Eminem will get an award 30 years from now for discribing the 21st century in the same way?

Possibly. But NWA might have a claim on receiving it first.

I can't see this becoming regular. Bob Dylan is a worthy winner but some might say the rules defining literature have been bent ever so slightly.

I can't see this becoming regular. Bob Dylan is a worthy winner but some might say the rules defining literature have been bent ever so slightly.

'Times are a changin'.

If you're going to quote at least quote it correctly.

If you're going to quote at least quote it correctly.

(I'm still waiting for the mods to correct the title to Nobel! Autocorrect, grrrr!)

Guest sibon
(I'm still waiting for the mods to correct the title to Nobel! Autocorrect, grrrr!)

Noble Prize sounds much more fitting for Bob:)

I think Eminem would be a worthy winner, as would Pete Townsend

'Times they are a changin' - memorable:)

they'll prolly change it to Noel LOL

I've never really warmed to Dylan the bloke; but for his lyrics, I agree with the OP: "About time too!"

Probably a worthy winner but a bit of me would have liked to see Leonard Cohen get it first.