James Corden: Britain doesn't value me as much as good lookers

Acting is becoming an elitist sport, James Corden has warned, as he claims Britain does not value his achievements as highly as public schools boys like Eddie Redmayne or Benedict Cumberbatch.

Corden, the British actor and talk show host, said had faced more criticism during his rise to fame than the “good looking guys from Eton”.

Arguing the likes of Douglas Booth, Tom Hiddleston, Redmayne and Cumberbatch were “never going to encounter the sort of s--- I’ve had,” Corden said he is concerned about “where that lands us culturally”.

Isn't it more likely because he's short and portly and doesn't fit into the character roles that Booth, Hiddleston and the others fit into?

Can you imagine a chubby Thor? Nope, me either.

He was fantastic in Kevin and Stacey, but he isn't the steriotypical guy to do chat shows, especialy in America, he has slimmed down a lot, its a shame people are ony judged on looks, and not their skills.

I must be honest, he doesn't float my boat, but there again, a lot of celebraties don't either.

Isn't it more likely because he's short and portly and doesn't fit into the character roles that Booth, Hiddleston and the others fit into?

Thor? Hemsworth? Who he didn't mention?

There are another Two Comediens on the Circuit from Eton, they are Appearing on Pointless Celebrities, Cameron and Osborne. :hihi:

Corden shot to fame very quickly, has done very well for himself & is everywhere - he's a writer, producer, an actor, an interviewer got an OBE. All at a very young age....

No he's not my cup of tea, but him complaining that people don't value him because he didn't go to Eton & isn't as good looking as others is privileged whining.

He has a bee in his bonnet and a fixation, that isn't warrented.

We can all have hangups, about many issues,

but he needs to focus on the things he has achieved, and not compare himself with others.

Probably, he has been bullied, in his past, about his weight, lets face it, he was very fat !

Its not where you start in life, its what you achieve, and where you end up, in the end.

Feelings about poor self worth, can remain for the rest of their lives, with someone, and only he can deal with this matter, on a personal level.

He has a lovely Wife and children, he needs to stop moaning, and count his blessings.

He may also be in fear, it will all evaperate in a puff of smoke, and It could do, being realistic.

He may do well to have some counselling, it might help, put things in perspective.

Edited by mrsmontague
spelling erroe

USA are welcome to him, brown nosing gimp.

I agree. He was always overrated in my opinion.

I agree. He was always overrated in my opinion.

could not agree more , it is cringeworthy the way he sucks up to so called stars

I saw him in Fat Friends, then Gavin and Stacy, I must say, I was surprised, the Americans embraced him, as they did.

I don't get it either, hes hardly a heart throb!

He comes across as immature and silly, realy.

Still that's America for you, look at Donald Trump, God help America, if he gets elected.:roll:

That's another story ! ! :loopy: