Sign in to follow this  

Six British military personnel killed

...and eight wounded in two separate incidents. To read the full story try this link

What exactly is going on in Iraq. The national press, being the useless group they are, quickly shifted focus away from "Post-War Iraq" and instead filled the front pages with stories about Beckham going to play in another country!! In the meantime it appears the situation has gone from bad to worse in Iraq.

It really winds me up that the press "move on" so damn fast, leaving the government to do what it likes with regard to getting our troops home and rebuilding Iraq. :evil:

This was IMO a predictable consequence of starting a war that would never be over in the months that the powers that be predicted.

But to be fair to the media it is no longer really news unless something like this happens. It is simply an ongoing situation.

I think the other factor is the public. Our print and broadcast media have conditioned us to maintain interest in stories only for a short time before expecting something NEW.

The real news regarding Iraq seems to be that Alistair Campbell was instrumental in creating a bogus report in order to convince parliament to go to war. He's in select committee this afternoon and should be up for a good grilling, highlights on Newsnight later.

And of course, GWB has told us that the War in Iraq has been won. It's over, next please.

From now on, Iraq becomes another live fire training ground for US and UK forces, and I fully expect to see my friends returning to Iraq on later tours of duty five years hence. I fervently hope they all come back. But there will be a steady stream of fatalaties and casualties, although before we start calling 'bring the boys home!' we should compare the death and serious injury statistics with those of peacetime - the difference is probably not as large as it seems.

The American forces OTOH seem to be killing themselves and each other with frightening regularity. Mainly discharging weapons into each others faces during cleaning. Tellingly, despite all these self inflicted deaths, the US Army fatalaty rate is lower in Iraq than it is in the US.....

...Its a shame and its nothing less than tragic that this has happened....I hate it when politicians wage war and its our guys who end up on the fronline and die.......maybe we should send this thread to Tony Blair

Human nature being what it is, sadly, there will always be War and in Wars people get killed, always started by the aggressive minority.

I am against ALL Wars and I don't want anyone to be killed, but if we allow certain ones in the world to do as they wish, then life wouldn't be worth living for anyone.

There will be many more wars in the years to come. If you look at the current situation a pattern of where/why any future wars may take place becomes realistic.

I predicted with the latest war that it could become a Northern Ireland situation which is basically what seems to be happening.

As for the latest Biritsh soldiers to be killed, Blair should be made to go round to the soldiers family personally and say he is sorry to their families for their deaths