Sheffield bus fare change vouchers

If say if your someone like me who very rarely9 uses the peasant wagon, i have no idead what the fare is for the destination and i dont every carry change as i always pay by card everywhere or only carry notes. So not everyone is the same.

Also on w occasions when i have tried to use change, 10p,20p,50p on first buses the driver wouldnt accept as he/she apparently had too much change. This then resulted in having tonise a note and then carry around yet more change! This is a prime example of why i wouldnt pay for a fare with change

why would the driver say he/she has too much change? they don`t have to count it all at end of their shift. it all gets chucked into a machine that counts it all for them

Guest busdriver1
why would the driver say he/she has too much change? they don`t have to count it all at end of their shift. it all gets chucked into a machine that counts it all for them

A bus driver NEVER has too much change, this scenario happened in a dream or whilst chemically adjusted.

---------- Post added 19-01-2017 at 09:49 ----------

If say if your someone like me who very rarely9 uses the peasant wagon, i have no idead what the fare is for the destination and i dont every carry change as i always pay by card everywhere or only carry notes. So not everyone is the same.

Also on w occasions when i have tried to use change, 10p,20p,50p on first buses the driver wouldnt accept as he/she apparently had too much change. This then resulted in having tonise a note and then carry around yet more change! This is a prime example of why i wouldnt pay for a fare with change

We have heard this before.

When you have paid for something with a note and get change do you throw it away?

Sounds like BS to me.

Why does the driver have to supply his/her own float?

Is it because the companies cannot be bothered to deal with the issue of theft?

Tesco check-out staff don't take in their own float.

The bus company should provide a float. However, I don't know how big it would need to be to meet most if not all eventualities. Tesco has the advantage that it can keep a central float to quickly correct a problem on any till.

I would have thought that contactless payment is the way forward.

I would have thought that contactless payment is the way forward.

It's got to be, it's just that most bus companies are stuck in the stone age, if they paid to upgrade to contactless then there would be less problems.

It's got to be, it's just that most bus companies are stuck in the stone age, if they paid to upgrade to contactless then there would be less problems.

It would likely save them money in the long term :)

There are a lot of rants I have so I am going to split them into separate subjects. Firstly, money for tickets. Your bus driver does not have an endless supply of change. Your bus driver must supply his own float for the day. That's out if his own pocket. So don't think that like any big shop or supermarket, you can pay for a one pound journey with a tenner! Or buy a weekly pass for between £12.50 and £15 with a twenty. You and everyone else on a Monday morning all have the ssme idea. You have all weekend to split that money down but you can't be bothered. That's why you get a change voucher and that's why you moan because now you can't buy your lunch. You do it every week and never learn. Your bus driver doesn't want the constant arguments and delays trying to get you to work/school on time but you leave him no choice. You know who you are.

You know - Exact Change Only - or kick them off the bus would solve this nicely.

It's not rocket science for people to make a stack of coins one for each day of the week on the chimneypiece is it... that's what we used to do as kids. Stopped you spending it at the tuck shop midweek and having to walk three miles to school Friday as well...:)

Guest busdriver1
You know - Exact Change Only - or kick them off the bus would solve this nicely.

It's not rocket science for people to make a stack of coins one for each day of the week on the chimneypiece is it... that's what we used to do as kids. Stopped you spending it at the tuck shop midweek and having to walk three miles to school Friday as well...:)

That involves thought and a degree of consideration for others, both are pretty insurmountable problems to some who want everything on a plate.

Thank you for your replies. In the particular case I mentioned at the beginning of this topic, the voucher for £3.50 was then presented for a £1.50 fare and the ticket AND £2 change was given. All's well that ends well, but at least I've learned how the system works.

Isn't it about time bus travel came into the 21st century and you could pay by debit/credit card Would go a long way to overcome these kind of problems, as would the Parisian concept of buying a carnet of tickets.

From June you will be able to pay by contactless debit/credit card on all stagecoach buses in yorkshire

---------- Post added 20-01-2017 at 00:04 ----------

It would likely save them money in the long term :)

but none of the customers want to pay higher fares to support the cost of new technology for e.g things like contactless you cant win people want fares as low as they can but then want everything to go with it e.g brand new buses ticket machines that except debit cards drivers that have a 1000 pound float just imaging driving serivce 120 bus you can carry up to a 1000 passengers a day on there how much of a float do you need???? its 2017 companies are scrimpting and scraping the pennies and trying to make a profit to fund shareholders/new buses/pay wages/running cost of a bus

There are a lot of rants I have so I am going to split them into separate subjects. Firstly, money for tickets. Your bus driver does not have an endless supply of change. Your bus driver must supply his own float for the day. That's out if his own pocket. So don't think that like any big shop or supermarket, you can pay for a one pound journey with a tenner! Or buy a weekly pass for between £12.50 and £15 with a twenty. You and everyone else on a Monday morning all have the ssme idea. You have all weekend to split that money down but you can't be bothered. That's why you get a change voucher and that's why you moan because now you can't buy your lunch. You do it every week and never learn. Your bus driver doesn't want the constant arguments and delays trying to get you to work/school on time but you leave him no choice. You know who you are.

utter rubbish do you or do you not provide a service the attitude of you is what i expected from someone who works for the buses and why if we pay for ticket a buss pass not get the ticket complete and we have to complete the ticket . half a service from last again and if i get on the bus for weekley ticket why should we not pay with a note your totally deluded

Edited by ormester

Guest busdriver1
utter rubbish do you or do you not provide a service the attitude of you is what i expected from someone who works for the buses and why if we pay for ticket a buss pass not get the ticket complete and we have to complete the ticket . half a service from last again and if i get on the bus for weekley ticket why should we not pay with a note your totally deluded

Tickets are given to passengers to insert into holders to try and speed up boarding times. Having the consideration to tender somewhere near the right money does the same. Bet you moan when your bus is late.

Where are we supposed to collect this huge pile of coins from?

---------- Post added 23-01-2017 at 17:03 ----------

That involves thought and a degree of consideration for others, both are pretty insurmountable problems to some who want everything on a plate.

It also involves paying for cash with things and then collecting the change and saving it for the one day you have to use the bus.

Guess how much change I've collected today... None. So if I need the bus tomorrow, what do you recommend, drive to the shops to get some change make it easier for First I suppose. :huh:

---------- Post added 23-01-2017 at 17:05 ----------

Tickets are given to passengers to insert into holders to try and speed up boarding times. Having the consideration to tender somewhere near the right money does the same. Bet you moan when your bus is late.

You want it on a plate. Would you prefer it if the passengers would drive the bus as well, or is that part of doing your job acceptable?