Green paper on ESA changes please read.

Hi Richie3709, as I said above my daughter is waiting for the result of her assessment and is really concerned. There was a program on the telly about it and it appears to be a plan by the government. They are using a private company to conduct the assessments. The good news is that a high percentage of appeals succeed so try this route next. Wish you luck.

Hi Treeman893, Got an appointment on monday with job centre, I am going armed with a 12 week sick note from my gp and I am refusing to sign on as my gp says I am not fit for work, it will be interesting to see how it goes on monday, I will update just so the information I give may help others in the same situation

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 15:42 ----------

Went to job centre yesterday, I was called to a desk where I produced my sick note only to be told they would not accept it and couldnt sign on as I am unfit for work. So guess what???? I am now not on anything, I have no income what so ever. A word of warning to all, dont go with a sick note as they wont accept it once you have been found fit for work. If they say so then thats the way it is and there is nothing you can do about it because they have it all sewn up so you have not a leg to stand on. How ironic? We need to stand up to this government in large numbers so they know how unhappy we are but it will never happen as nobody has the balls!!!

Its bad enough coping with an disability without the added pressure of worrying what is going to happen next .

The Secretary of State is been questioned by Holyrood ( Scottish Parliament) about the green paper on WCA changes from what IV read its fair to say SNP are giving him an hard time as the SNP don't agree on changes . I wish we had an much stronger Labour to oppose the Tories who have become even more rightwing than before.

The thing is there are still working class people that vote for the tories. It is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

The government are planning to change the Work Capability Assessment for Employment and Support Allowance from what I can gather its likely that Work Related Group is to be done away with and even if you are in the Support Group you will be affected by these changes. The government want to make people who are in the SG to undertake some form of work and the DWP are wanting claimant's to seek medical assistants to find work that is suitable for their needs while on the surface looks good but in reality this means an DWP employees can threatenen disabled people with sanctions if they do not do as told.

Also PIP and ESA appeals are to be challenged by the DWP . At present an claimant can get an face to face hearing to put forward why they feel they need ESA and PIP . The government want to do away with face to face appeals and only do paper appeals which gives the claimant less of an chance of getting ESA and PIP . When an claimant now appeals it only goes to the first level of tribunal which more often than not the claimant wins their case for an award now the DWP want to challenge the first tribunal by lodging in an second level tribunal that will be heared in an High Court but such tribunals needs to be based on an point of law .

I feel that these changes will take away the right of having fair hearing and are in breach of the United Nations human rights for disabled people . I also think this extreme policy of going to the High Courts will cost more than it would save and is totally unnecessarily and has legal stumbling blocks . It is clear that the policies of the government are to push disabled people into poverty.

Can I ask question my pip is due for renewal. I'm on e.s.a if what ever reason the atos person I'm seeing decides to make up lies which they do, do I get kicked off esa aswell forcing me to sigh on in my wheelchair

Here's a list of some of the victims

http://blacktrianglecampaign.org/2014/10/21/uk-welfare-reform-deaths-updated-list-october-21st-2014/

Many committed suicide after being found "capable of work", some starved to death, unable to afford food.

Having just watched the recent Ken Loach film "I, Daniel Blake", I can recommend it to anyone wanting a realistic insight into the horrors and abuses of the modern benefits system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Daniel_Blake

'I, Daniel Blake' is now available on DVD. It's an excellent film. Everyone should see it.

Indeed. My training partner told me yesterday, that having read an article saying that 1% of benefit claims are fraudulent, he decided to conduct an informal poll amongst his friends (all working people in their 30's) to ask what portion of benefit claims they would expect to be fraudulent.

He was staggered to find that some thought it would be 80%!!!

It just shows how completely out-of-touch with reality many people are, I guess they form their opinions on benefit claiments mainly through watching exploititative media trash like 'benefits street'.

Like you Anna (and I), he believes everyone should watch 'I, Daniel Blake'.