National carriers 1978 to 90 ex workmates

think my dad used to work there, hes since died, David (cannonbal) Kent

My dad worked there in the 80's...Bill Pearson ...like Dales dad he has since died...

I remember bill I worked in the garage and was always in and out of the carttage office finding vehicles so I got to know a lot of people and their vehicles sorry to hear he died .

I worked at Bridghouses goods yard for a lot of years,also did a spell at the wicker goods yard,Ithink I remember David, did he have a dog he used to have in the cab with him,and I am sure he did some amateur dramatics i saw a photo of him in a costume with a sword above is head a sabre i think it was

sorry had to post this by a friend. yes my dad had a dog named 'kim' and also in the amateur dramatics. i have all his scrap books from the shows

Sorry to hear of Bill and 'cannonball', I used to work in the same workshop as Bill, remember him well, he was quite a character as were a lot of old railwaymen, as for 'cannonball' if we had a crane not working in Attercliffe yard, and he couldn't get is lorry loaded quickly, he used to give us some right grief, great days.

My dad worked there in the 80's...Bill Pearson ...like Dales dad he has since died...

did bill live at hackenthorpe ?

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 19:28 ----------

sorry to hear about david i worked with him under the goliath many times

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 19:29 ----------

did bill live at hackenthorpe ? is your name steve

My dad worked there he is called Bob Atkinson

knew bob well my father who drive vans for ncl at midland station also knew bob. think he covered hope valley

He`s still alive and well at the ripe old age of 88 !

lost my dad last year at 93, glad to hear bobs still doing well. john everett my dads was ron, he used to see bob at dore sometimes