Price of a pint

Can anyone remember the price of a pint of Stones beer in a working mans club in 1967 and 1974 ?

Sorry pal, no, but I can remember that a pint of Stones in the Students Union bar in Pond Street (Nelson Mandela building) cost 22p a pint in 1978, when they had lots of live bands on. I would guess the WMC would have been at least that if not cheaper in 1974 and cheaper still in the 60's

About 1s 7d in 1967; 1s 10d in most pubs..:)

About 1s 7d in 1967; 1s 10d in most pubs..:)

And what a great pint it was in the Dial !

Can anyone remember the price of a pint of Stones beer in a working mans club in 1967 and 1974 ?

1/10d in 1967 and I would guess about 15p in 1974.

Can't be specific about stones

In the 'Wop' in sheffield 16p a pint a bitter in 1972-3

In our local it was about 14p

In working men's clubs in Durham in 1975 we used to ask for pint of mixed I remember being surprised at how much cheap it was than in a sheff pub.

two bitters were on offer 12p a pint for one and 14p a pint for the other 13p for the mixed.

Guessing it would be a little less between the dates you mention but not much, big brewery and tax man price hikes didn't start till a good few years after that.

Found this:

In 1952 the average weekly wage was £7.50 compared to £500 now. A pint of beer then cost 9 pence compared to £2.60 now so it took you twice as long to earn the price of a pint… - See more at: http://www.beergenie.co.uk/beer-occasions/jubilee-history/?age-verified=44ff307055#sthash.eHeujZW0.dpuf

http://www.beergenie.co.uk/beer-occasions/jubilee-history/?age-verified=44ff307055

Found this:

In 1952 the average weekly wage was £7.50 compared to £500 now. A pint of beer then cost 9 pence compared to £2.60 now so it took you twice as long to earn the price of a pint… - See more at: http://www.beergenie.co.uk/beer-occasions/jubilee-history/?age-verified=44ff307055#sthash.eHeujZW0.dpuf

http://www.beergenie.co.uk/beer-occasions/jubilee-history/?age-verified=44ff307055

That would be 9d which is 3.75p.

Very interesting that link.

I remember drinking black and tans(beer and Guinness).

I also remember that if it was your turn to buy a round and someone wanted a short they gave you the extra money.

An advert on TV had a slim Panatella at the same price of a pint, 1s 9d

Absolutely spot on Hillsbro.
I remembered the prices as I happened to go to Cornwall in April 1967. While there I was pleasantly surprised to find that a pint in a pub cost 1s 7d - the same as a pint at the Dial House, while it was 1s 10d in my local (the Castle in Dykes Hall Road). So beer in Cornwall pubs was 3d a pint cheaper than in Sheffield. I almost decided to stay another week..:P

When I was demobbed in April 1950 after National Service in the RAF the price of a pint was, hold your breath boys! one shilling, but having said that my wages were three pounds seventeen and sixpence.