Memories of Roxy's Nightclub

i remember legends great pub but getting back up them stairs was a nightmare

I remember falling down them stairs and broke both heels off me new shoes lol happy days lol !!!!!!

i went to roxy for years from 89-94but not that much from 92 as i was witrh my now wife, me and mark kennedy was there every week thurs fri sat what fun it was first time i went i was 15 lol (my kids have no idea what went on them days )im wanting to know if any 1 has any photos from them dayz? do u rem big black barry on door? or what about tony the doorman(drug dealer) wow man get intouch if u remember me

Barry is my ex brother in law , stil in touch with him .I worked in cloakroom with Dawn his now wife .x Great times .x

I went to Poxy Roxys around 89 to 93 but dont remember the doorman called Tony but i remember Barry also Chinese Eddy to and John Stocks used to work the doors too..they were the good old days.
went there a lot when younger good times, sadly john stocks passed away a cpl of years ago rip mate

Wow, brings back good old memories listening to these posts.

I worked there on the door from about 91 to 93. Everyone there between these dates must've passed their entrance tickets to me as used to be at bottom of stairs collecting them. I worked with a guy called Carl AKA Dolph because of his blond flat top lol.

I remember the night someone let CS gas off in there, killed the bloody eyes, also remember hit man n her, bad manners and other groups.

The women loved the dickie bow lol.

Great memories..

Edited by Alex9066

i went to roxy for years from 89-94but not that much from 92 as i was witrh my now wife, me and mark kennedy was there every week thurs fri sat what fun it was first time i went i was 15 lol (my kids have no idea what went on them days )im wanting to know if any 1 has any photos from them dayz? do u rem big black barry on door? or what about tony the doorman(drug dealer) wow man get intouch if u remember me

i knew a mark kennedy, i used to hang around with him at woodhouse mid 80s, remet once or twice at roxys rock night, ginger hair, same mark kennedy?

I used to work for Carlsbro Sound Services in Mansfield and we had the installation and service contract for all Noble sites, I fitted the Roxys moving Light Rig the DJ and LJ desk and the fantastic Bose sound system. Think the DJ then was Mark, Julie I think was the manager(wow what a stunner) and they used to run Stringfellows MoJo reunions Fantastic venue

The o2 Academy will open their doors on Saturday 13th December for The Roxy Christmas Cracker Reunion Disco.. 80s & 90s Disco,, it's all about the music and you.. Tickets will be on sale soon @ o2 Academy.. please let your friends know..

:hihi:

That's not what's advertised on the site for that date...it's some outfit called the sleaford mods.

Used to go to Roxy's many moons ago, mostly Colin Slades rock night...very fond memories!

Was looking for a girls night out around Christmas, if the above isn't on...it's probably going to be comedy club at the city hall.

Hi Pete, you were a few years after me but you could have remembered me if you went there in '75, I was the one with long hair and a mustash, I used to hang around with Steve Cardwell and Alf. Cliff (can't remember his second name) was the supervisor at that time. were John and Mike the 2 DJ's still there when you worked there?

steve cardwell died dec 2013 .

On 29/09/2005 at 00:44, headup said:

Heh - that was James/Janna. He/she was a regular at Rebels too. He used to hang around with his/her sister Debbie and sometimes 'Trish'. I wonder what happened to James/Janna?

Also - I don't recall you awarding me a pint of beer and now I am sad. :(

If you remember a bunch of blokes with long black hair doing spectacular(ly bad) ballet to the last song of the night, you may have seen me. ;)

lol   its Janna and i am full female now lol i am coming up to 50 this year so many many years ago but also some of the best times    https://www.facebook.com/jannadollface/

On 29/09/2005 at 00:44, headup said:

Heh - that was James/Janna. He/she was a regular at Rebels too. He used to hang around with his/her sister Debbie and sometimes 'Trish'. I wonder what happened to James/Janna?

Also - I don't recall you awarding me a pint of beer and now I am sad. :(

If you remember a bunch of blokes with long black hair doing spectacular(ly bad) ballet to the last song of the night, you may have seen me. ;)

https://www.facebook.com/jannadollface