National carriers 1978 to 90 ex workmates

lost my dad last year at 93, glad to hear bobs still doing well. john everett my dads was ron, he used to see bob at dore sometimes

Oh wow i remember hearin your dads name years ago when i was little !

Im seein him later il tell him about this thread !

Oh wow i remember hearin your dads name years ago when i was little !

Im seein him later il tell him about this thread !

give him my regards and hope hes well

My dad worked there he is called Bob Atkinson

So glad to hear that Bob's well.

When Bob packed in driving for NCL he came to work with us on the Outdoor Machinery, in the workshop.

I used to see him now and again up Lowedges, does he still live up there?

Remember me to him when you next see him, my names George Clarke.

I certainly will tell him George i will be seein him today :)

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 20:33 ----------

George my dad is overwhelmed about this thread !

If you or anyone else want to give him a ring or drop him a line the p.m. me

He remembers the me that have been mentioned with fondness and he even remembers you gettin married George!

Like a lot of pensioners my dad lives in the past a lot of the time .

He can remember what he did i 1942 yet cant remember what he did 5 minutes before .

I certainly will tell him George i will be seeing him today :)

---------- Post added 08-02-2013 at 20:33 ----------

George my dad is overwhelmed about this thread !

If you or anyone else want to give him a ring or drop him a line the p.m. me

He remembers the me that have been mentioned with fondness and he even remembers you getting married George!

Like a lot of pensioners my dad lives in the past a lot of the time .

He can remember what he did i 1942 yet cant remember what he did 5 minutes before .

Hi Ya, sorry I've been a while in coming back, I've got a few names to pass on to your dad, Ted Hibbit, 'Mad' Jack Hudson, Barry Hargreaves, Bill Hague, Alan Payling, Brian Clifford, Sam Campbell, Roger Thomas all worked for OMD at the Freight Terminal.

National Carriers 1978-90 ex workmates.

Whilst working at Ironmongers Neville Watts on Fitzwilliam Street, in the early 70's, we had deliveries delivered to us by National Carriers. The crated goods arrived on the back of one of those yellow open trailers. The usual driver had sandy coloured hair with grey mixed in, and he sported one of those pancho type moustaches. I used to have long chats with him, and I learned a lot from him. His name was Les Cotton. Know him?

B.R.S. [large green vans] also delivered to us.

National Carriers 1978-90 ex workmates.

Whilst working at Ironmongers Neville Watts on Fitzwilliam Street, in the early 70's, we had deliveries delivered to us by National Carriers. The crated goods arrived on the back of one of those yellow open trailers. The usual driver had sandy coloured hair with grey mixed in, and he sported one of those pancho type moustaches. I used to have long chats with him, and I learned a lot from him. His name was Les Cotton. Know him?

B.R.S. [large green vans] also delivered to us.

Hi I knew Les Cotton very well I started as a Messenger lad at Bridgehouses goods yard in 1953 one of the jobs I had in the Cartage office I used to collect all the Drivers work tickets out of a box and sort them out Any driver that had not put his in I wrote their name on a list and was out quick to catch them before they went out delivering for the day before,s work ticket and at times Les was one of them so I knew all the drivers at that time