S.b.hoggs removals

I remember they used to use the old church building on Walkey bank Rd when i was a kid. I remember the brown lorries well. After Hoggs, the building became a gym. flats now I think.

It's all gone now mate, except for the house on Burngreve Road which was used as the main office. Hogg's yard & garage area on Rutland Road became a car park for Wigfalls. Happy memories for me..

s.b.hogg removals is back and open part group of frommetoyouremovals hoggs was a very good company its nice to see the vans around again

---------- Post added 06-03-2014 at 08:08 ----------

http://www.sbhoggremovals.co.uk/

Hi,Mr Hogg bought my. Aston Martin DB3S in the late 1960's. Metallic blue and very valuable to day, as very few S models built.A long time ago!

Just shown my father this post, Don Randall who worked there for a couple of years late 70s, He worked with Eddie Johnson and Norman. He used to live near George Smythe who also worked there for a long time

hi reg you will know my dad then brian heffron

hi bibby i just talked to my father Don Randall who worked for Hoggs and he remembers Brian, he said he used to live on Lowedges and he was a stocky strong bloke and was a driver correct me if I am wrong and I will tell my father

hi reg yes you are rite i lost my dad 4 years ago i hope your dad is well its so nice to have a chat to the old hoggs removal men as hoggs was the best removal firm in yorkshire as you may know i've got hoggs now and hope it grows just like before a very good firm i used to go with my dad all the time your dad may remember me hope your all well philip (p.s does your dad have any pics of hoggs lorries)

S. B, Hogg's removals.

Hey up, Please let it be put on record that my parents hired Hoggs removals on a couple of occasions.

1. 1965-Carter Lodge Drive, Hackenthorpe, to Newstead Rise, Birley.

2. 1968-Newstead Rise, Birley, to Crossland Drive, Gleadless Townend.

I think the removalmen wore brown coloured smocks. I wonder how much they charged. Was it a fixed rate for removals?

S. B, Hogg's removals.

Hey up, Please let it be put on record that my parents hired Hoggs removals on a couple of occasions.

1. 1965-Carter Lodge Drive, Hackenthorpe, to Newstead Rise, Birley.

2. 1968-Newstead Rise, Birley, to Crossland Drive, Gleadless Townend.

I think the removalmen wore brown coloured smocks. I wonder how much they charged. Was it a fixed rate for removals?

hi zakes I would think for the areas you mention it would have been by the hour they only did fixed rate for long distance jobs office jobs end what we called posh jobs by the way I worked at hogs during those years so I might have moved them small world (mick griffin)

---------- Post added 27-08-2014 at 13:10 ----------

Hi Mick, My father in law has advised me that doug passed away in 1994. My father in laws dad and uncle was Norman and Stewart Eason. Rodger says he hopes you remember him and says hi.

hi middy20 sorry for late reply cant remember roger but can remember stewart & norman well mind is not what it used to be (old age maybe) ha ha

There was a question asked recently on the Old Bus Photos web site about "Oggies Bus"

http://www.old-bus-photos.co.uk/?page_id=1293#oggies.

The Killamarsh Heritage Society website has the following quote from Ron Gee "I now have some extra facts about Hoggs bus service as detailed in Sheffield Transport by Charles Hall.

On P219 he writes “In 1932 an Application for a new local bus service was made by S.B.Hogg trading as Hogg’s Express Motor services for a license Between Sheffield and Ollerton via Killamarsh, Spinkhill, whitwell, cresswell and Cuckney.. Operation commenced on 3rd March 1933″. On P221, the book states that Abbey Lane Motor Services took over Hoggs services including the daily Dukeries Service between Sheffield and Ollerton. On P262 the book states that “During 1953 Abbey Lane Motor services was bought out by Sheffield United Tours. On 20th June 1953, East Midland provided a bus labelled “on hire to Sheffield United Tours” and commenced to operate service 46 to Ollerton".

Another contributor added "

Hi Ron,when i lived on the “White City” my mum and i used to catch the No 46 where Atkins shop was to Sheffield,she used to say “We’ll catch the Oggies bus into town”,i too always used that phrase, but never knew why the East Midlands bus was called by that name…after all these years it has now become clear …"

My question is, does anyone know whether Oggies bus service had any connection to the S B Hogg Removal company or was it sheer coincidence?

Hi just picked up on site.I worked there from 1970 until 1981.Some names ,Mick Griffin,George Smyth,Steve woodhead ,Bob hall,Terry boot,Brian Hefron,Stan Collette,Stewart and Norman Eason,Dave Williams,and many more.I do have a few photos of my van ONF341R taken in Bournemouth with George and Eric Welch.