Info on Crookesmoor School and pupils

Any one have any stories about Crookesmoor School, pupils, teachers etc. Been closed for about 10 years but was open for about 110!

Plenty of stuff already here - just search for the threads

Hi docmel

I'll still own up to going one of the few . My mother went from1932 to 1942 ish

Throw some more pupil names in.

Trevor & Susan Dawson, Paul Lake, Linda Dawson, Irene Archer, Donald & Tony Wilson, Brian & Lesley Naylor, Sharon & Kevin Walker, Diane Wragg, John & Tommy Eales(Carr), Leonard & Ann Kirk,Charlie Goddard, Cathrine Idell, Gillian Bullas, Mick Ratley, Ron & David Belk. Johnnie Coggin (AKA Johnnie Kalendar of the club circuit)

Any one have any stories about Crookesmoor School, pupils, teachers etc. Been closed for about 10 years but was open for about 110!
yeah I remember being told that the boys toilets were haunted by a school teacher and even the girls toliet's was reported to be by the same ghost who had died on the stairs leading up to the heads office supposedly she went to find a child during an air raid and was pushed or accidently fell down the stairs in which she ended up being decapitated and is still looking to this day for that child, I remember a couple of teachers Mr Allright and Mr Sandilands, Mr Robinson, Mr Perkins I also notice some other teachers names mentioned on the forums as well. some kids names too like Paul whitehouse, Daniel Hudson. Craig Hackett, Nichola cartiledge, Wendy Archer, Mary Holland, Joanne Copley, June Dexter, Sarah payne, Christopher King, Peter Walsh, Tracy and Tina Bradshaw never knew what happened to everyone but have been told that some of us have died from cancer? have bumped into Joanne and Mary a few times since school and few years back June Dexter. Come to think of it is anyone else wondering how we all turned out. Most of us went on to Tapton secondary school oh and thanks everyone for thinking I was Looney? :)

yeah I remember being told that the boys toilets were haunted by a school teacher and even the girls toliet's was reported to be by the same ghost who had died on the stairs leading up to the heads office supposedly she went to find a child during an air raid and was pushed or accidently fell down the stairs in which she ended up being decapitated and is still looking to this day for that child, I remember a couple of teachers Mr Allright and Mr Sandilands, Mr Robinson, Mr Perkins I also notice some other teachers names mentioned on the forums as well. some kids names too like Paul whitehouse, Daniel Hudson. Craig Hackett, Nichola cartiledge, Wendy Archer, Mary Holland, Joanne Copley, June Dexter, Sarah payne, Christopher King, Peter Walsh, Tracy and Tina Bradshaw never knew what happened to everyone but have been told that some of us have died from cancer? have bumped into Joanne and Mary a few times since school and few years back June Dexter. Come to think of it is anyone else wondering how we all turned out. Most of us went on to Tapton secondary school oh and thanks everyone for thinking I was Looney? :)

June Dexter is my antie

---------- Post added 31-01-2014 at 00:40 ----------

June Dexter is my antie

I was in Roger Taylors (Tennis player) gang when we had brick throwing wars on the Oxford St bombed building site against the Hoylands and Turners where the now gone Bond St and Oxford St crossed, they built a few semis just further down on the right hand side in the late forties which I drove past this very week.

I was in Roger Taylors (Tennis player) gang when we had brick throwing wars on the Oxford St bombed building site against the Hoylands and Turners where the now gone Bond St and Oxford St crossed, they built a few semis just further down on the right hand side in the late forties which I drove past this very week.

I am Carol Ash used to be Carol Allwood. We used to live next door but one to the Turners on Crookesmoor Road and Hazel Hoyland was one of my friends. I left when I was 9 in 1951. My friends was Pauline Hastings, Sylvia Spooner, Terry Late and a few others I live in Australia now and have done since 1971 with my husband Derek and our two boys who are now married and we have 6 Grandchildren

The pupils heard that there was a ghost of one of the old Teachers pop Edwards Ghost hautned the school playground at night and about 30 kids went up there to find it. Thia was back in the early 60's.

There was rumours that an airaid shelter was down the manhole that was between the middle level (football pitch) and the bottom of Crookesmoor rec. Did hear some kids tried to get down there.

Edited by Asaw

I am Carol Ash used to be Carol Allwood. We used to live next door but one to the Turners on Crookesmoor Road and Hazel Hoyland was one of my friends. I left when I was 9 in 1951. My friends was Pauline Hastings, Sylvia Spooner, Terry Late and a few others I live in Australia now and have done since 1971 with my husband Derek and our two boys who are now married and we have 6 Grandchildren

I lived at 93 Crookesmoor Rd on the corner of Bond Street, I left in 1950 when I was 7, I remember Terry Late, Hazel Hoyland (The last I heard of her was that she was living in Australia, two of her family were in my regiment) and Pauline Hastings

My wife was there till 1957.Her name was Doreen Bourne

My cousin Graham and Trever Cotterill lived at 51 and I lived at 75. Was it Stewart Hoyland that was in your regiment I know Lawrence was in the Airforce I think but he was the older one of the Hoylands. I also remember Derek Smith.

---------- Post added 09-02-2014 at 11:04 ----------

I also remember the day the King died and they sent us all home from School. Goof old days. All the dads used to make a big bonfire in the middle of the road as there wasn't any cars we were all too poor in money but rich in friendship. That was on bonfire night and all the mums used to make different things and we used to put all the fireworks together and the dads used to set them off

---------- Post added 09-02-2014 at 11:05 ----------

Meant to say good