Greasy veras

Anyone remember greasy veras the refreshment van that stood just off mowbray street.in the late seventies me and my mates used to get tanked up in the timbertop pub at shirecliffe and then walk down to veras i remember they used to do great cheeseburgers.

Yep I remember iy and I am sure it was still there around 1990. We used to go after nightclubs for a burger or a bacon sandwich

We always used to drive up there.

My god,now that does bring back memories,Greasy Veras in the seventies was the place to go to. We used to park up and spend at least an hour there in the early hours chatting away,with a burger or two.

The last time I used Greasy Veras was around 1994/1995.

Still there - and I think that its still running. Never seem to be out that way at night these days tho.

:thumbsup: Yup come out of Rebels head straight for Greasy Veras bacon egg tom buttie and a mug of hot tea great days ;)

I lived at Pitsmoor in the 70s and passed it on the way home from the night clubs and it was hard to walk past that aroma full of ale.

It was a blue van then, is it still the same i wonder.

I believe greasy veras packed up a while ago mores the pity.

it was there a couple of months ago,its run by veras son john,best cheggburgers going. can any one remember ggs before it was ,as it is now?

Originally posted by pauline

it was there a couple of months ago,its run by veras son john,best cheggburgers going. can any one remember ggs before it was ,as it is now?

GGs spent many a happy night in there when i was 15 drinking hot tea and playing Pac Man and Donkey Kong :thumbsup:

Ah! Greasy Vera's! Meeting place for policemen, bikers, bands (and their roadies), and all sorts of other undesirables! :-)

Spent many a happy hour there after a gig. Best cheesburgers in the world!

Ah....the sweet smell of frying bacon wafting down pitsmoor. The council ought to put a plaque up on the site of vera's van. What a place. 2am on a warm summer night, with a bacon and tomato butty (or 2 ) and a mug of tea. As close to heaven on earth as you are likely to get. I went there with my missus the night we met. Weve been married 22 years now.