Anyone had ETS Surgery for Hyperhidrosis

Hi, as above really. Or does anyone on here suffer with it? Thanks

hi im a sufferer of hyperhidrosis...im 18 and i hate it. My hands, feet, underarms, but generally i get hot everywhere. I hated it at school my blue shirt would end up soaking and even in the coolest of classrooms something would always set it off like the teacher asking me a question or iv they put the radiators on I would get anxious that I'd end up hot. I used to work with a folded piece of paper underneath my hand so that I could write without my hand soaking my work. I've been to the doctors repeated times and they referred me to a dermatologist in the children's hospital. Basically he said there was surgery that could be effective but it had a 50-50% chance of working. The gland in my arm could be cut and the sweating would stop or it could reverse it and become worse. There was also the option of botox but in my case i was too young to really try this. Theres also a drug that is use for really bad cases of acne that in effect dries up the skin and helps to combat sweating but its very harsh and has quite afew side-effects. I've been offered it but at the time i didnt feel comfortable trying it.

My parents bought me a machine called 'drionic'

http://www.drionic.com/index.htm

(which was one treatment they were willing to give me at the hospital) it was quite expensive but i did see a slight improvement. I only used it on my hands though so didnt combat the other areas that are just as bad. It worked for my fingers and around my palm but not the central area which often produced the most sweat, but iv never actually tried it on my feet so it could be good for them. Mostly its my hands and underarms that annoy me the most because i tend to wear open sandals in summer and flip-flops with no socks in the house, the sweat doesn't smell either so its a case of wetness rather than stinky feet..

I do use 'anhydrol forte' anti-antiperspirant though which I find it the one thing thats very effective. Although its chemical based it lasts me for up to 5 days with just clammy hands and the same for underarms. Ive only use it when I have work or am going out with my friends but I've been prescribed it for some years now and it does help me alot.

I know its one of life's embarrassing illnesses, but I've learnt to cope with it. I don't know about you but I can feel a change in temperature when the weather decides to get colder or warmer and this helps me decide whats best to wear or when to use the antiperspirant. My friends all know about what iv got and are fine with me. I used to be embarrassed at what they'd say and always used to be the shy one but now im louder than ever!

However whilst others are looking to the prospects of university I'm dreading it...a whole new bunch of friends to explain what I have to..I just hope there as understanding as the ones I have now

Hope ive reassured you there are others out there with hyperhidrosis

Thanks. I've pm'ed you. Anyone else?