Solicitors you would recommend for conveyancing? Megathread NO QUOTES

We're first time buyers and might nearly be at the point where our offer is accepted (waiting with baited breath!). So it's time to start thinking about a solictor. Any recommendations anyone has would be a big help (on the flip side, feel free to mention those to avoid too!)

Thanks

Nick

hackett windle - townhead street.

or hackettwinde.com

Pauline Coates solicitors - Mosborough High Street.

Excellent service (used her on four separate occasions) - In the last megathread - my recommendation was supported by numerous other forum users too.

Efficient, personal service.

Coates Solicitors....I'm using them presently and they r really good and cheaper than others too

personally,i would stay away from hackett windle.....had a very very bad experience from them

Coates Solicitors....I'm using them presently and they r really good and cheaper than others too

personally,i would stay away from hackett windle.....had a very very bad experience from them

you're probably the only one who has from my records anyway

Thanks everyone for the advice, found out yesterday that after they orginally rejected our offer they will now accept it! We've got the house!

We had a good experience with Hackett WIndle in Oct 06 - I found it helpful that they would respond to email which made checking documents much quicker than just replying on the post.

My pal's using a local solicitor named above, and although he's got a good price he's no idea what's happening. No communication about how his matter's going, and they don't seem to want to investigate that the neighbour appears to have built over the boundary.

I use Toefields in Dronfield , always a pleasure and reasonable too.

We use toefields too, we've put a lot of business their way