Sheffield to become "pro-vape" city.

"Sheffield is set to become a "pro-vaping" city as part of a new stop smoking strategy.

It's one of the aims set to be agreed by Sheffield City Council's cabinet committee.

Smoking is thought to kill about 16 people a week in Sheffield."

Source - BBC news.

How totally cool and forward thinking. Well done SCC. :)

I hate all of it. I sit there in traffic and all of a sudden a massive plume of that stuff comes out of someones window and I have to put up with the cookies and cream smell or whatever ridiculous flavor they have in there.

Also people... puffing? on them or whatever they're doing, look ridiculous. But if it helps I suppose it isn't such a bad thing, but they do annoy me... :D

I hate all of it. I sit there in traffic and all of a sudden a massive plume of that stuff comes out of someones window and I have to put up with the cookies and cream smell or whatever ridiculous flavor they have in there.

Also people... puffing? on them or whatever they're doing, look ridiculous. But if it helps I suppose it isn't such a bad thing, but they do annoy me... :D

Big grown men stood in groups telling each other about the new marshmallow or jam on toast flavoured puffing fluid, bragging about how many ohms resistance the coils are and how big the battery pack is, some of them look like they are producing their very own fluid when one of the group shows them a battery pack with a backlit LCD panel on it :hihi::hihi:

Far better than seeing people stood outside hospital doorways being drip fed whilst having a fag though. Eh? :)

Far better than seeing people stood outside hospital doorways being drip fed whilst having a fag though. Eh? :)

I remember when real men used to open your gate, walk down the path, carry your bin on their back right up to the bin lorry, empty it then carry it all the way back again, all this whilst smoking two pipes.

As we have no idea of the harm vaping is causing yet, I think this is a bad idea. If you see a group of smokers, smoking you can avoid it, vaping could be the silent killer that is disappearing under the radar!

As we have no idea of the harm vaping is causing yet, I think this is a bad idea. If you see a group of smokers, smoking you can avoid it, vaping could be the silent killer that is disappearing under the radar!

Sounds like a gimmick, but what the hell. Over here the same restrictions as cigarette smoking apply. My wife uses one and still has to go on the street to puff on it, when we are at the pub, even though there is a patio. She uses it at home though and to be honest I preferred the smell of smoke to the stuff she blows out of that contraption lol

By the way , when I mentioned gimmick , I meant the council plan, I wasn't referring to your post. I should have posted in Reply to Topic actually, but too lazy to type it again ha ha!

Edited by TORONTONY

Mixed feelings on this...no problem with people vaping in the pub etc. Which people already can do, so what is "pro-vape" really?

I'm just glad I quit smoking before vaping took off, so I had to quit, not replace

I hate all of it. I sit there in traffic and all of a sudden a massive plume of that stuff comes out of someones window. . .

This.

There's more visible smoke coming out of the drivers' mouth than there is out of the exhaust pipe

Guest makapaka

Aye that must really get in the way of inhaling everyone's exhaust fumes.

Nanny state springs to mind

Dear Comrade Penny :wave:

What are you doing on a vaping thread ?

Did somebody mention smoking and the City Council in the same post again?