Go ahead given to £37m South Yorkshire holiday park

I live near Rother Valley and I'm really pleased to see this get approval. The area near Rother Valley is unloved, unused and ripe for development. I am pleased to see it's not going towards more housing and the plans appear to be in keeping with the countryside nearby for the most part. Mostly though I'm looking forward to taking my little one for a really easy day out when she's a bit older!

I saw them all out there in there furs this morning.

Hopefully they'll keep it the other side of Wales from me, 'cos the traffic would be murder otherwise.

I saw them all out there in there furs this morning.

Hopefully they'll keep it the other side of Wales from me, 'cos the traffic would be murder otherwise.

I suspect it will have a link road coming off the A57 somewhere near Beighton/Elmwood Farm pub. Actually looking again at the picture, I've got the wrong roundabout. It'll be an exit off the road near to Aston Springs farm:

http://www.gulliversvalley.co.uk/news/revised-plan

Edited by sgtkate

I saw the gathering near the sandwich factory which is the site they were going to develop for the Chinese village,there is a little layby opposite Luk

I saw the gathering near the sandwich factory which is the site they were going to develop for the Chinese village,there is a little layby opposite Luk

I think it's good to have the area used for something to be honest. Brings jobs, people, money etc. And I'd much rather a seemingly 'sympathetically' built family park than another Waverley. This land was always going to be used for something due to the good road links, proximity to the M1 etc.

I think it's good to have the area used for something to be honest. Brings jobs, people, money etc. And I'd much rather a seemingly 'sympathetically' built family park than another Waverley. This land was always going to be used for something due to the good road links, proximity to the M1 etc.

Is there a market for this sort of thing? Whilst it's not exactly prime city centre land prices, its proximity to the m1 and a57 must push prices up a bit. Not that long ago since American Adventure hit the buffers. Maybe they're thinking thrill seekers won't want to risk their lives at Alton towers?

It is used for something. Its a very popular walking and birdwatching area. There are yellowhammers, skylarks and the occasional over-wintering bittern. I think there are better locations with unloved and unused areas locally that could be used.

Having said that, the response I received from the developers 18 months ago was positive in terms of habitat retention and providing bat boxes etc so I'm a lot less concerned than I was about the ridiculous Chinese theme park that was mooted.

I just think it's sad that people see an area of land, reclaimed by nature, as a useless wasteland without merit unless something is built on it.

It is used for something. Its a very popular walking and birdwatching area. There are yellowhammers, skylarks and the occasional over-wintering bittern. I think there are better locations with unloved and unused areas locally that could be used.

Having said that, the response I received from the developers 18 months ago was positive in terms of habitat retention and providing bat boxes etc so I'm a lot less concerned than I was about the ridiculous Chinese theme park that was mooted.

I just think it's sad that people see an area of land, reclaimed by nature, as a useless wasteland without merit unless something is built on it.

It will not affect you regardless as your from walkley !

A Chinese theme park sounds great though and only up the road from me !!

What an awful viewpoint.

:loopy:

a) It isn't going to be a Chinese theme park

b) Just because I live in Walkley doesn't mean I don't visit Rother Valley.

Plank.

---------- Post added 16-02-2017 at 18:35 ----------

What an awful viewpoint.

Exactly, also a bit bizarre given his avatar for some southern football team, why should he care anything about them seeing as he lives up here?