Barry Bannan is not tired.

As the title says.

I'm fed up of people saying Bannan looks tired.

No-one on the pitch works harder, and is more effective than Bannan.

Despite not playing up to scratch, as a team, we're doing fine.

In my opinion, if we 'rest' Bannan, we'll not do 'as fine'

Some 'fans' should get off the man's back.

He wants to play, he's doing well.

Yes, we've been riding our luck, and yes, our luck could run out, but some people say "you make your own luck". Bannan does his utmost for a Wednesday win.

Any replacement for him is unlikely to have as big an impact.

Yes, I'd like to see what Abdi can do, but not at the expense of Bazza.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

I've been quite impressed with Bannan, he works hard for the team.

When he was with Villa i was constantly cajoling one of my work colleagues(a lifetime Villa in) about how crap he was - and he agreed and was glad to get rid of him.

I'm a big fan of Bannan - but I'm in disagreement here - he's had an off season by his standards he set last year. He was very poor Tuesday night. He is missing Lee hugely.

He's said himself he's playing with an injury. Give the lad a bit of a break and get him back ready for the last 10 games + hopefuly playoffs.

My issue with bannan is that 9/10 he will try the wonder pass. Sometimes i wish he'd just do the simple stuff.

I do worry how we're treating our players - hearing that hutchinson said he was struggling at half time on Tiesday but was left on (in obvious discomfort) until the 73rd minute was really poor from Carlos. In addition to this, playing Lee as we did while he was not in top shape wa another mistake.

i like bannan. i think the championship is his level though as far as being a regular starter on a team.

i remember him with villa. came off the bench late in the match and always seemed to energize his team's game. when wednesday get to the pl i can see this being his role for the owls. not a bad option to have off the bench.

Bannan has always given his best, if anything he has just suffered a blip in form but he is not on his own. I think what we have to realise is that the game has changed from a team game to a squad game. I would love to see the same eleven put out every week, but that no longer happens whether it be injury, loss of form, tactical, or simply out of favour it is not going to happen, no matter how many games we win on the trot. I for one don,t think players get tired they are like a highly tuned machine who need managing to get the best out of them or they will break down, it,s the managers job to spot these things, he see,s how they are performing in training and it,s his decision whether or not to make a change, and the book stops with him. Let him get on with it all in all we are doing o.k, i never thought a top two was on the cards but i do fancy us to take the play-off spot. W.A.W.A.W.

Bannan has always given his best, if anything he has just suffered a blip in form but he is not on his own. I think what we have to realise is that the game has changed from a team game to a squad game. I would love to see the same eleven put out every week, but that no longer happens whether it be injury, loss of form, tactical, or simply out of favour it is not going to happen, no matter how many games we win on the trot. I for one don,t think players get tired they are like a highly tuned machine who need managing to get the best out of them or they will break down, it,s the managers job to spot these things, he see,s how they are performing in training and it,s his decision whether or not to make a change, and the book stops with him. Let him get on with it all in all we are doing o.k, i never thought a top two was on the cards but i do fancy us to take the play-off spot. W.A.W.A.W.

I'm not sure if Bannan has been played in a slightly different position to last season, to me he's been more like the player he was in the last few games, not fantastic on Tuesday but did provide the assist for Sasso's first goal.

I'm a big fan of Bannan - but I'm in disagreement here - he's had an off season by his standards he set last year. He was very poor Tuesday night. He is missing Lee hugely.

He was a bit out of sorts on Tuesday, but plenty of people have been trying to rest him for months.

If we couldn't see the join between giving Bazza a rest, and Abdi (or A.N Other) filling in for a couple of weeks, then I'd be more ready to give him a break. It is a squad game these days, like it or lump it. I personally like the same 11 and familiarity amongst the players, but owd fogies like me have to get used to the idea. :)

Until we see what Abdi is really capable of, then I'm loathe to even think about it.

A lot of Watford fans insist that Abdi is a much better player than Forestieri.

If that's true, then it's about time he got a run in the side (whether for Bannan or not) and it's about time Abdi grasped the chance and showed us what he can really do.

Bannan is one of the few bright sparks in our current 'dourness'.

On the other hand, we're doing well. It's easy to overlook that fact.

Our record stands up for itself, so it's really 'more of the same' I suppose.

We're 6th best at the moment, and that, as it stands, is 'good enough'.

cant understand if inj hes not rested when needed , like someone has said last 10 games a fully fit ,rested Bannan would be better

cant understand if inj hes not rested when needed , like someone has said last 10 games a fully fit ,rested Bannan would be better

Again, I agree, but will the sub do as good a job? We could take a proper dip in Bazza's absence?

I'm not too sure anyone's ready to just slot in unnoticed, if you know what I mean? Apparently, Abdi (on song) could be a vast improvement? Hard for me to believe to be honest, but that's the word on the Watford Streets.

If the replacement is up to speed and effective, then good on 'em, and good on Carlos for his management skills.