Blades & Owls - A fans perspective.

Come across two interesting articles from both of each fans, about their own clubs regarding current time. Worth a read.

http://www.sheffutd.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=479479

http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=479340

Got agree with ours... and maybe the owls fan has a point about his own club, what are other opinions?

Edited by Futures Red

Come across two interesting articles from both of each fans, about their own clubs regarding current time. Worth a read.

http://www.sheffutd.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=479479

http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=479340

Got agree with ours... and maybe the owls fan has a point about his own club, what are other opinions?

Ah, Martin Wood has written the Wednesday article, a bloke who's glass is so half empty it seems like he's drinking out of a colander!

Ah, Martin Wood has written the Wednesday article, a bloke who's glass is so half empty it seems like he's drinking out of a colander!

Why would he be so negative though? It seems to me that you have the fire power, but your fan doesn't appear to be very positive about it.

He said you haven't improved, do you agree?

With ourselves we hopefully have sent a strong message to our rivals and February is a very good measurement of were we'll be in April.

Why would he be so negative though? It seems to me that you have the fire power, but your fan doesn't appear to be very positive about it.

He said you haven't improved, do you agree?

With ourselves we hopefully have sent a strong message to our rivals and February is a very good measurement of were we'll be in April.

I didn't write the article so cant speak for it, we are at parity (give or take the odd point) from last season with the performances slightly below par. We can only hope that we are to hit our 'purple patch' soon and push on.

I suspect hes right.Only team in Sheffield that looks like getting promoted this season ain't Wednesday

Edited by WestTinsley

I suspect hes right.Only team in Sheffield that looks like getting promoted this season ain't Wednesday

Strange things happen in football , remember:hihi:

Strange how all these threads are started by experts on all things Wednesday .

Edited by samssong

Strange things happen in football , remember:hihi:

Strange how all these threads are started by experts on all things Wednesday .

At what point has he claimed to be an expert on the Owls?

This is a forum where both Owls, Blades and fans from further afield can discuss football. Each is entitled to their own opinion, if you don't agree with it, discuss it.

To be honest, it is getting boring seeing both sets of fans giving digs at one another for discussing the other teams.

If you don't like Blades discussing Owls affairs and vice versa, then this is certainly not the forum for you.

As for the articles:

Owls: He is looking at everything objectively but he clearly has a poor performance against Wigan in the back of his mind.. He has a lot of good points in respect of the players signed and realistically, I feel, you should be doing better and scoring more. Perhaps not the top 2, but certainly higher than 6th, but whether they finish 6th or 3rd is irrelevant come the end of the season.

Blades: Off the back of a 4-0 win, top of the league and a goal from the new lads. I can't see why he would be anything but positive, which he was.

Had he been writing after the Fleetwood result, I doubt it would have been so positive.

Football fans are very fickle and teams can go from being the best tp dreadful within 2 games.

Both teams are there or there abouts where you would expect them to be this season.

I think if you offered both set of fans this finish at the end of the season,your hand would be snatched off (Blades especially).

At what point has he claimed to be an expert on the Owls?

This is a forum where both Owls, Blades and fans from further afield can discuss football. Each is entitled to their own opinion, if you don't agree with it, discuss it.

To be honest, it is getting boring seeing both sets of fans giving digs at one another for discussing the other teams.

If you don't like Blades discussing Owls affairs and vice versa, then this is certainly not the forum for you.

As for the articles:

Owls: He is looking at everything objectively but he clearly has a poor performance against Wigan in the back of his mind.. He has a lot of good points in respect of the players signed and realistically, I feel, you should be doing better and scoring more. Perhaps not the top 2, but certainly higher than 6th, but whether they finish 6th or 3rd is irrelevant come the end of the season.

Blades: Off the back of a 4-0 win, top of the league and a goal from the new lads. I can't see why he would be anything but positive, which he was.

Had he been writing after the Fleetwood result, I doubt it would have been so positive.

Football fans are very fickle and teams can go from being the best tp dreadful within 2 games.

Both teams are there or there abouts where you would expect them to be this season.

I think if you offered both set of fans this finish at the end of the season,your hand would be snatched off (Blades especially).

Yes I certain agree, we've done very well so far and what I like most is that we've not buckled under pressure - The game against Wimbledon shows that it's not bothered the players and can see now that we've got resilience, which has lacked for years.

Still a long way to go and for me February is our test. If we can get points of Bolton and Scunthorpe then we're on to something.

The new players signed in January seem to have slotted in nicely and team spirit is at an high - just like in the Warnock years. We don't have a massive squad which I think would be a nightmare to manage. Wilder knows what he want's and the players are totally buying into it.

Lets take one game at a time though!

The futures bright and it's looking red.

I stopped reading at the paragraph about the club not being run within its means - total rubbish.

I stopped reading at the paragraph about the club not being run within its means - total rubbish.

Yes I don't agree with that to be fair. I do think though, your management have recognised that you might have a few too many players - hence why they've shipped a few out on loan.

They do have to be careful though. I notice your signing from Barnsley hasn't scored yet and think he was on the bench at the start of the Wigan game. I don't think he had it in mind to warm the bench.

Your forward line will be costing eye watering amounts of money each week. It wouldn't surprise me if your forward including FF are on average £25-£30,000 per week totally £100,000-£150,000 + per week combined... Rhodes being on around £40,000 if you believe media reports.

It's a eye watering amount so you can see why your fans believes this. I don't happen to think this though. I do however think other clubs will inflate their prices when dealing with you... that's not a healthy position to be in.

Yes I don't agree with that to be fair. I do think though, your management have recognised that you might have a few too many players - hence why they've shipped a few out on loan.

They do have to be careful though. I notice your signing from Barnsley hasn't scored yet and think he was on the bench at the start of the Wigan game. I don't think he had it in mind to warm the bench.

Your forward line will be costing eye watering amounts of money each week. It wouldn't surprise me if your forward including FF are on average £25-£30,000 per week totally £100,000-£150,000 + per week combined... Rhodes being on around £40,000 if you believe media reports.

It's a eye watering amount so you can see why your fans believes this. I don't happen to think this though. I do however think other clubs will inflate their prices when dealing with you... that's not a healthy position to be in.

£500,000 for Winnall is not an inflated price in anybodys reckoning and Rhodes was touted at the same fee for all interested parties.

£500,000 for Winnall is not an inflated price in anybodys reckoning and Rhodes was touted at the same fee for all interested parties.

Winnall was a snip at £500k in todays market and Rhodes is the most consistent scorer in England over the last few years, that comes at a premium.