Rustling Road trees are being felled right now

Sneaky covert 5am operation by Amey. Who'd have thought it.

With riot vans brought in as well. No doubt anyone trying to protest will be arrested again under obscure trade union legislation.

Cars hoisted away with no prior warning was said on radio,good luck getting to work people.

To be fair to the council, they wouldn't announce the date before hand would they???

Amey and SCC really have overstepped the mark here. Rustlings Road has, ever since I can remember as a kid, been particularly beautiful due to the mature trees lining it's length, reflecting the serenity of park adjacent to it, as well being a beautiful accompaniment to the impressive row of houses along the road's length . Very much an urban jewel. I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one with these sentiments.

I suspect that these factors above are offset by financial gain so far as the perpetrators are concerned. Those individuals responsible for this decision (Amey and SCC) should be named and bought to justice (as they themselves see fit to have had people arrested for showing their feelings). Not merely a shame, but a crime.

Before people start - please can people remember that these people are just doing their job. I know several and whilst they don't like cutting some of these trees down (and have even signed petitions against them) - its often for a reason. Moan and groan away but please don't take it out on them - some of the abuse these poor lads get is just totally uncalled for.

Just listening to Radio Sheffield, it appears quite a few of these trees being taken down are perfectly healthy. It's simply a money saving measure for maintaining the pavements.

It does seem to be a great shame to be taking healthy mature trees down.

People putting the signs (save me) and ribbons round the trees have really helped and stopped them doing what they wanted to do anyway. If you try stop them then they do stuff like this which I think it's quite smart to be honest. Either way they have there result.

And I'm sorry would you really want to get arrested over a tree? I'd go to prison to protect my family but not a tree.

Before people start - please can people remember that these people are just doing their job. I know several and whilst they don't like cutting some of these trees down (and have even signed petitions against them) - its often for a reason. Moan and groan away but please don't take it out on them - some of the abuse these poor lads get is just totally uncalled for.

The 'reason' being that they get paid to do it. I guess the 'reason' became much better this morning due to unsocial hours pay (probably some kind of 'incentive' too).

If someone asked me to do something that I had a moral dilemma with, I'd refuse to do it … sod the consequences. Shame.

Damage to cars/bikes/cost of constant road resurfacing vs a few trees? No contest for me, we've still got lots of parks and greenery in our city. If the fate of a few trees is your major concern in life I envy you.