Round Sheffield Run

After a great event yesterday at the all new half marathon we've noticed a lot of ppl are still on a distinct runners high looking for the next goal / challenge. http://www.roundsheffieldrun.com is worth a look it's in it's second year has over 1000 entered already.

It starts and finishes from Endcliffe park and is a trail running enduro split over 11 exciting stages round Sheffield to be run solo or as a pair.

Great to see the Shef half marathon back! And better than ever....

Edited by Banksy

I have signed up for this- looking forward to it.

Entered this. Sounds great.

I have a place to (legally) sell on to anyone who missed out.

Pesky ITBS won't go away. Three weeks of cross training wasn't enough to stop it reoccurring halfway through the Two Castles Run on Sunday, and so the game is up. Shame because it looks like a superb race.

Please reply if anyone is interested.

Anyone doing this race this year? Places were being snapped up very quickly!

Anyone doing this race this year? Places were being snapped up very quickly!

I think it will sell out before the end of the week, its a great race. This will be my 3rd time doing it.

I like the race, I don't like how it was £14 to enter 3 years ago and is now £25. It's gone up £1 from last year. It always bugs me that race organisors don't offer reduced rates for those on low incomes or a choice of reduced entry fee instead of a useless cotton t-shirt or medal that sits in a junk drawer. Sheffield half marathon is £35!!!!!

I like the race, I don't like how it was £14 to enter 3 years ago and is now £25. It's gone up £1 from last year. It always bugs me that race organisors don't offer reduced rates for those on low incomes or a choice of reduced entry fee instead of a useless cotton t-shirt or medal that sits in a junk drawer. Sheffield half marathon is £35!!!!!

Agree mostly, although the medal for this is one of the very best.

Organisers say costs are due to insurance, road closures, etc but they can charge such high prices because people will pay them for big events, like RSR has become. My bugbear is the clamour to enter on-line 6 months in advance; lots of folk will enter and decide not to run (due to injury, lack of training, etc) and lots of people will be left without a place.

A couple of times, I`ve managed to get a cheap place in SHM from people who decide not to run.

There are some bargain races out there though but many of them are fell races.

Agree mostly, although the medal for this is one of the very best.

Organisers say costs are due to insurance, road closures, etc but they can charge such high prices because people will pay them for big events, like RSR has become. My bugbear is the clamour to enter on-line 6 months in advance; lots of folk will enter and decide not to run (due to injury, lack of training, etc) and lots of people will be left without a place.

A couple of times, I`ve managed to get a cheap place in SHM from people who decide not to run.

There are some bargain races out there though but many of them are fell races.

Sshhhhhh!!!

Looking forward to this one now. With the lighter evenings, I`ve managed to hit the trails a bit already enjoying Eccy Woods and Lady Spring last night. :) Who else is in?