Woodburn Road School

Did anyone go to Woodburn school before the mass exidous, I lived on Cottingham st. and used to go to Hamerton infants.

My hubby went to Woodburn school, He lived at the greengrocers

on the corner of Ripon Street/Worthing Road :D

Iand my sisters all went to woodbourn rd shool. We lived on chelmsford st which was the next rd up from woodbourn rd.:thumbsup:

I used to live on Cottingham St . I left in 1976 and i attended Woodburn Rd school as well. If anyone knows me and would like to get intouch id love to hear from you.

Dougie Bell

I also went to Woodbourn Road school and also lived on Cottingham Street, No. 141, we left in 1966.

I went to Woodbourn (and Hammerton Rd before) then onto Waltheof. I lived on Jessell Street which ran along side the school. The last house before the big bridge ~ anyone remember the bridge? I left Woodbourn in 1981. Had some great times there. Does anyone remember the school song?

We go to Woodbourn school just up the road

Oh yes, just up the road

It's terribly grimy and terribly old

Oh yes, terribly old

etc. etc. etc.

one of my customers was a teacher there mr burke,sports teacher i think,just bit of useless info,the old school building is now home to an indian restruant and the food is gorgeous:)

I also went to Woodbourn Road school and also lived on Cottingham Street, No. 141, we left in 1966.

We lived in the same house then, not at the same time

I went to Woodbourn (and Hammerton Rd before) then onto Waltheof. I lived on Jessell Street which ran along side the school. The last house before the big bridge ~ anyone remember the bridge? I left Woodbourn in 1980. Had some great times there. Does anyone remember the school song?

We go to Woodbourn school just up the road

Oh yes, just up the road

It's terribly grimy and terribly old

Oh yes, terribly old

etc. etc. etc.

Cant remember the song but can remember I was in the Jupiter group, I can remember making go-carts and flying down the "new road"

Cant remember the song but can remember I was in the Jupiter group, I can remember making go-carts and flying down the "new road"

I was in Saturn - and we always seemed to be bottom of everything! Jupiter and Venus were always top. What years were you there?

I was in Saturn - and we always seemed to be bottom of everything! Jupiter and Venus were always top. What years were you there?

cant quite remember but im 34 now.

We lived in the same house then, not at the same time

When did you move into Cottingham Street. We moved to Woodhouse in 1966, stayed the for a couple of years then moved back to Darnall.