Remember the Penthouse Club?

Bitter Suite !! OMG They were a great band. What happened to them, I don't imagime they're still playing?

Phil Broadie the lead guitarist was still playing up to this year with the Phil Broadie band and Gerry Scanlan the bassist was playing along side him

I went to the Penthouse from when it opened. At the top of the stairs the toilets were on the left, the cloakroom was on the right, run by a girl called Elaine if i remember rightly. After passing the cloakroom, there was a small "restaurant" on the right, scampi and chips, or chicken and chips in a basket was the height of sophistication back then. On the left was the bar, Ma Stringfellow worked there, and in front was the dance floor, with a small stage to the right of it. We had some great times there.

Late 70's, they had a punk/New Wave night on Mondays and called the club "The Basement Club" (sort of ironic joke) run by Marcus Featherby. The place was a dump but played good music and had some half decent bands on.

What about the black plastic seating area full of holes with the foam stuffing poking out.

OOOHHH!!! The PENTHOUSE , I have still got the , hangover , headache , empty wallet and sticky feet , . Dark , dingy , expensive and sticky , beer strewn carpet . Good heavy rock music , Purple , Sabbath , Yes , you name it . I`d give anything to relive it all , but I`m content with the memories .

Spent many a good night in the Penthouse most of it a blur but they played good rock music.

OOOHHH!!! The PENTHOUSE , I have still got the , hangover , headache , empty wallet and sticky feet , . Dark , dingy , expensive and sticky , beer strewn carpet . Good heavy rock music , Purple , Sabbath , Yes , you name it . I`d give anything to relive it all , but I`m content with the memories .

What about the 10p a drink nights on Mondays and Wednesdays mid seventies, DJ would play half hour rock ,half hour disco ,half hour glam rock etc , amazing how the look of the customers dancing used to change every half hour

Must've only just changed names when I first went there then. Though from what I've heard from the older uns it hadn't changed much. Used to love Rebs, supping Newkie Brown cos they couldn't water it down. Looking cool in my skintight jeans, leather and poodle perm.(cringe!) Usually reached via the Wap, Yorkshireman and Underground. Happy daze!

Reading this thread brought some good memories back.from mid 70s a group of us were in there every fri & sat night,also the cheap wednesday evenings were interesting.remember frank white behind the bar,there were some amazing new years eve nights.plenty of zep,purple.sabbath etc. Stargazer and freebird on the dancefloor ,air guitar heaven.games of pool in the bottom corner before the barley wines kicked in.:thumbsup:

Anyone remember deejay think he was called Dave May met up with him about five years ago and he was on about a Penthouse reunion night said he would post on here if he had any details never seen any posts